Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #21
Sigrid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone want to join me in a no spend September??

I'm in! My goal this month is too learn to knit, maybe that can help curb my spending on dipes! I'm also going to try and sell some of the ones we don't need anymore - I just have to get DH to show me how to add pics. to show everyone what they look like. Hopefully that will help offset last months purchases as DS has gone up a size - it was really fun buying all the dipes, but ouch!

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #22
lilybug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will try and get in on this as well. No extras....I've been looking for a new wrap although I don't really *need* one. And, I'll try to be more careful at the grocery store about impulse buys - just need to buy whats on the list
lilybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #23
Kristiraine
Registered Users

I'm in!! We CANNOT spend anything extra, at all this month!! I have to wait till October. We got way behind in July and are still playing catch-up and have a new baby due November 7, and I have a ton of work to get done and shipped and I just can't spend anything extra whatsoever. Its been so so tempting to dig into the change jar for some Wendy's or Sonic, too....but we ABSOLUTELY CANNOT!! I did order a replacement bassinet for my pack-n-play ($30) yesterday--but I hadn't read this post yet! And we are living off of what we have and bare necessities, too. Can't go to the grocery store till Saturday--unless some other surprise unknown expense comes up!! AGH! I HATE being broke!!!
So, thanks for posting this, it was just what I needed!!
Kristiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #24
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would but I have too much to get for new baby preperation this month. I do plan on not eating out this month though. I will do no extra spending next month though.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #25
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Oh if I had the discipline. My boyfriend kicked me out of the house on my birthday and told me to go spend money on myself..... I spent more on the girls. I'm bad about frivolous spending. Ask Mindi.... I'm all over her co-ops like white on rice. No impulse control. Anyone got some to spare?
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #26
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
Oh if I had the discipline. My boyfriend kicked me out of the house on my birthday and told me to go spend money on myself..... I spent more on the girls. I'm bad about frivolous spending. Ask Mindi.... I'm all over her co-ops like white on rice. No impulse control. Anyone got some to spare?
I was just gonna ask if you were gonna hold back on any coops
Old 09-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #27
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh. I wish I could go the month without ANY spending at all! That would be awesome.
However, I hit JoAnns Labor Day sale and spent $35 on dipe and mama cloth fabric, oh, and fabric to make a Darth Vadar cape for ods bday. Then I went to Michaels and spent about $20 on a grommet tool, grommets and 2 t-shirts. It was all cash, though, and will save me money in the long run.

Anyway, I'm getting into Christmas mode and ods bday is Sunday. BUT, I will stick to my budget and only make budgeted purchases. Does that count?
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #28
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiraine View Post
I'm in!! We CANNOT spend anything extra, at all this month!! I have to wait till October. We got way behind in July and are still playing catch-up and have a new baby due November 7, and I have a ton of work to get done and shipped and I just can't spend anything extra whatsoever. Its been so so tempting to dig into the change jar for some Wendy's or Sonic, too....but we ABSOLUTELY CANNOT!! I did order a replacement bassinet for my pack-n-play ($30) yesterday--but I hadn't read this post yet! And we are living off of what we have and bare necessities, too. Can't go to the grocery store till Saturday--unless some other surprise unknown expense comes up!! AGH! I HATE being broke!!!
So, thanks for posting this, it was just what I needed!!
We are in the same spot this month but had a few unexpected things a ticket (for having our car that needed new plates on the street...100 bucks) and a few medical things we neded to get paid. I was even going to pick up a couple extra nights and now I can't this week...so yeah we are SOOO tight this month it sucks. I know next month will be better if we can get there.

So far I have done good staying away from FSOT. I also hope to not spend more then the bare basics at the grocery store, we have a lot of food here to eat!! My goal is going to be like 15 or 20 at the store this weekend.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #29
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineNature View Post

Anyway, I'm getting into Christmas mode and ods bday is Sunday. BUT, I will stick to my budget and only make budgeted purchases. Does that count?
Definitely!! IMO if you are staying on budget, following it, whatever it may be that is the goal!! Our budget this month just allows for nothing extra!!

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #30
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

No I don't want to join you.

But DH thinks I should, and I think he's probably right. Ok, fine. He is right. Just don't tell him that.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote