Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #21
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I was wondering for moms who had m/c at 16/20 weeks?

HUGS momma, shes not much of a friend if she wants to scare you like that. I'm sure your little one will be ok, back pain is completly normal in pregnancy no matter how far along. I had some HORRIBLE back pain in the 1st month and am now 6mths and still have it.

to all the mommas who have lost babies~I'm so very sorry BIG WARM HUGS!

On the other hand...maybe her baby died/stopped growing long before she m/c and thats why it was so small? I'm just tossing that out there

Advertisement

Last edited by CrunchyMama0607; 09-04-2007 at 08:10 PM.
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #22
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzmark06 View Post
The baby would be recognizable at 17 weeks!! IMO shes full of it!
Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #23
mom2B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirls2 View Post
No worries mama, we know what you mean...your question was sincere. It's just if your friend is not telling the whole truth..then she isn't exactly right in the head, if ya KWIM? I have way to many angels in heaven, one of which was around 9 weeks. It was VERY painful. I had the labor and the whole nine yards. It was more painful that getting over both of my c-sections. I had contractions, and horrid bleeding. IMO...it hurts way worse than a normal AF even at only 6 weeks along...at 16 weeks, it has GOT to be more than uncomfortable!! But I think you know what the truth is now, I believe...and I would be careful in trusting what this "friend" has to say now if I were you. mama, and don't let anyone scare you like that!!!! Just come on here and we'll give you all the support you need!!!
Thanks so much for really caring, I say this in my tears. Sometimes it feels like strangers can care for you better then ones that are supposed to care and love. Thankyou all.
mom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #24
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzmark06 View Post
The baby would be recognizable at 17 weeks!! IMO shes full of it!
Yes TOTALLY recognizable when I lost my son I was 17+ weeks and clearly saw that he was a boy.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #25
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2B View Post
Thanks so much for really caring, I say this in my tears. Sometimes it feels like strangers can care for you better then ones that are supposed to care and love. Thankyou all.
Your welcome mama! I have found MANY close friends here!! Sometimes the faceless strangers are more of a dear friend than you could ever dream!!!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #26
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Iam sorry If I offended anyone, I just wanted to know the truth. I havent had a m/c that far along. But one of my dear friends on d/s has she was short of 5 months but baby was lost around month 4, She too said it was painful. What started the whole story, was I had a slight back ache, and she said that is all she felt and it made me parinoid I guess. I dont make fun out of other peoples heart aches. I hope all would understand.
OH no mama.. I didnt mean "you" I was just saying if she was to say that to someone who truely had a m/c and she was just B/S everyone.. I think there would be an issue there.

I dont know why she would even try to scare you like she is doing. You need to tell her that you know she is full of it..and you dont want to hear it. Seriously .. I had a m/c and I didnt threaten ppl with it.. to scare them .. that is stupid...and she doesnt sound like a good friend to me come hang out with me

It just bothers me when ppl pretend crap happens to them just to be the drama cry baby.. and between you and me.. I HAD a m/c at 16 weeks.. the baby was getting taken back in my body .. and was TINY when I m/c I had contractions and labor for 4 hours.. and actually had to push a little to get the sack out.. when I told the dr. she said that you DO dialate as much that is needed and your uterus contracts to get the rest out. so yeah.. if it WAS a m/c I promise you .. she would have been in PAIN ..
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #27
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I have a question, It might sound rather silly, but a friend and I were talking and she said she had a m/c at 17 weeks along. She said there was no pain involved but like a period, I had one when i was 3 months and It was painful to me. Not like giving birth but wasnt no pain. I was wondering about others?
I had a miscarriage when I was about 13/14 weeks along. It was painful- like a really bad period and it wasn't very productive. I ended up having to get a D and C.
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #28
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope your friend is just uneducated and really unsure of what happened instead of flat our lying to you.
I have birthed twins at 20 weeks, and 2 boys at 17+weeks( born at 18 and 21 weeks) and with each of them i was in full blown labor.

Now the comment about the baby being the size of a lemon. that may not be too far off had the baby been born in the sac. My first son was born in his sac, and the sac was about the size of a LARGE lemon to a softball. and there was no fluid left, so it would have been smaller. Maybe she didnt open the sac to see the baby in there. ( though it is transparent so it would be hard not to see)

If she truly lost a baby at that stage, I think she got off easy pain wise. My labors with my preterm babies, were worse than my 41 weeker. Maybe it was because of the emotions or maybe not. but it was NOT anything like a period

As someone has stated in a previous post, all labors are different and all losses are different. so i guess it could be possible, but i would guess not really.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:24 AM   #29
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i lost my Twin DS at 17w4d, but he was absorbed. I did have some pain but then again he didnt come out of me like in labor- so i cant say.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:46 PM   #30
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I labored and delivered my first dd at 18weeks and she was totally formed (except for her birth defect), just like a newborn except much smaller. She was 8 inches long. I would like to think the best of this person (I just like to assume the best in people), so I would assume that the baby died before that time and she just got lucky about not having pain.

Back pain is COMPLETELY normal. I had terrible back pain with my last dd. I had to wear this crazy three point harness as a back brace! My back hurt from day one to the very end.

to you mamma. I would just let what your friend said, go, unless she says something about it again. Then I might just avoid her from now on.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote