Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
are pregnancy freak-outs normal?

i've been crying for about 45 minutes about this pregnancy. so many questions are floating in my head about becoming a mother.

what im not a good enough mother? will the baby definitely love me? what if it doesnt? what if this baby is like me? trust me, the world does NOT need another me. I dont want him or her to have a life like mine, with a husband who hates me, and being a complete disappointment to my parents... what if s/he has to feel like that? How can i know im doing things right? What if i completely f*ck up this kid?

im probably just being a complete idiot, but knowing everything ive failed in my life, how could i have DECIDED to bring another life into this world, knowing that it will just be yet another thing i've failed at?

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: are pregnancy freak-outs normal?

Oh yes, this is normal and since you are not due until my aniversery which is in march, you haven't even reached the ice burgh yet so hang on to your horses, you might be in for a crazy rough hormonal pregnancy.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so im not losing my mind? i just cant stop crying, im terrified i will do things wrong, ugh.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Its completly normal I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mommy. It'll all come to you once your holding your little one
Old 09-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
momo5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pregnancy hormones are great! They make your emotions go allll over the place. And doubt entering into motherhood is absolutely normal. It is a huge responsibility, but with with great rewards. And you will make mistakes, we alll do, but our little ones are VERY forgiving, and it makes my heart melt when I "mess up" and go to one of my little ones and say i messed up and ask for forgiveness and they smile and hug my neck. You are not going to mess your kid up. That baby is going to love you like you have never known love and you will never know love any other way than when you hold it for the first time. I have never loved anyone like when I look into one of my little ones eyes. Wow!!!!! You are going to be a great mommy, just love your little one. Just enjoy each and every season of motherhood and that precious little blessing growing in your womb.
momo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies, you really helped me to feel better last night. and surprisingly, dh was really supportive too. glad to know im not crazy, lol.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:00 AM   #7
lotsoluv
Registered Users

My Mood:

When I was pregnant my dh was afraid to say anything to me. . . .ever. Even saying "you look nice" could start me crying. ((hugs)) to you, it will get better!
Old 09-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're totally normal! I had a rough emotional beginning with this one, angry one minute and crying the next - random nutso thoughts going through my head...it was hard. But I evened out eventually and probably so will you!
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank heavens it will go away soon, lol... can you imagine what i would be like if i wasnt already on zoloft? i'd really be losing it!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #10
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

It's normal... I think I've blown up at and disowned DH about 20 times at least. Poor guy. I just always have to remember to apologize and remind him I'm not quite myself with all these crying and irrational hormones in me.
mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote