Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #21
coleybear805
Registered Users

Re: Anyone else quitting SODA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soledad View Post
I need to quit soda too. Just this weekend I asked my hubby to stop buying me Pepsi. We discussed the $ issue but for me it's more an issue of health. We both need to be healthier eaters and I really believe I'm addicted to sugar.

I'm currently working on that. Yesterday I fell off the wagon.
Today I'm back on it.
Yeah, it truly is more of a health issue for me too... but that honestly just won't do it for me when it comes to quitting, sad though that is! So I am reminding me of all the $$ we're saving. We were going through-- get this-- a 2 Liter a DAY.

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #22
kalebnlillismomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have! I had awful headaches. I am cheating at the moment, but I have a bit of a tummy bug Keep up the good work
Old 09-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #23
Marissa20uk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes it is extremely hard to quit drinking soda. I quit when we started trying to get pregnant. Well, now that I have a baby...I'm cheating a little bit. I sometimes order a coke or pepsi at dinner if we are out and about. I just don't buy any sodas, that helps me out!! I jus tdrink water. My hubby likes water too, but he also likes V8. It is so hard, I know, I just love the taste, but I know it is not good for you. I guess everything in moderation =).
Old 09-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #24
babycakesknits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a soda addict (and always will be, even if I don't drink it ) but one thing that helped me cut down A LOT is that at the grocery store I buy store brand sparkling water (lime flavored) which has NOTHING in it but bubbly water and lime. No sugar or anything. It satisfies my need for something bubbly... I probably drink 2 liters a day!! I just have real soda once and awhile now
babycakesknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #25
rwooley
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I am TRYING to give it up. I switdhed to caffiene free last week, because of health issues. My kidneys hate me too, so Im tryn to wean myself!!! It is really hard. I would Kill for a Mt Dew right now!!!
rwooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #26
jonsbeka
Registered Users

You caught me! I've been in the process of giving it up for a while now. I had to go cold turkey for a few months and now I have it every now and then (today being one of those times!), but I have to be very careful because it's so easy to get addicted to it again. Just like an alcoholic, this is one craving that will never go away for me. I figured out a long time ago that the caffiene is the only reason I need it so much, and it does bad things to me. I went through a month of the worst migraines ever (for me) when I quit, but now I hardly ever have headaches (I had tons before I gave it up) and I no longer have urinary tract infections, so it's worth it. I hope you succeed! It really is HARD, but so worth it!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #27
dancnfool
Registered Users
seller

I've tried many times but I can't seem to kick the habit. I just like that fizzy sensation - I also like it better from a can than out of plastic - it seems to be colder and fizzier. If I could get back down to one a day I'd consider it a success.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #28
coleybear805
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsbeka View Post
You caught me! I've been in the process of giving it up for a while now. I had to go cold turkey for a few months and now I have it every now and then (today being one of those times!), but I have to be very careful because it's so easy to get addicted to it again. Just like an alcoholic, this is one craving that will never go away for me. I figured out a long time ago that the caffiene is the only reason I need it so much, and it does bad things to me. I went through a month of the worst migraines ever (for me) when I quit, but now I hardly ever have headaches (I had tons before I gave it up) and I no longer have urinary tract infections, so it's worth it. I hope you succeed! It really is HARD, but so worth it!
You know, I thought that I needed the caffeine... and I get migraines ALL the time, too... but I only had a headache the first day, popped an excedrin to at least get me through the day, and now am not even drinking tea and no headaches. But the craving for the taste and carbonation hasn't gone away... *sigh*. I sure don't miss the headaches though!