Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
marigrow
Registered Users

Re: PLS Help me troubleshoot LO's problem! Gas/Colic?

hi I had a lil sailor trapped in my DD @ 4 months- she could really let um rip- poor thing as funny as it was she was ok in the day but seemed to anguish over the gasses at night.
I drank Welada's nursing t (but it may inc. your supp-eek) i added extra fennel seeds ginger and anis (you could use just these w/o the T). I drank that w/ milk (sorry) and honey..ummm all day esp. while and b4 nursing. This helped more then cutting out the brassica family (broccoli and cabbage type foods) imo. The gripe water has these herbs in it but this is filtered through your body..And isnít loaded w/ glycerin.
Also i walked her - i would lay her on her back and move her legs knees to chest then legs out stretched -fast and slow (slow at night esp.), walking helps stimulate digestion, and the bowel. Mil lil girl got it -she would push back and blast out "sailor callísĒ until she was done and would pass out-relaxed. I also recommend repeating this w/ the child laying across your lap head to the right w/ head support and legs hanging off to the left letting your thighs support her tummy w/ the weight of her body resting on them (occ i used a little pillow under her belly to increase the effect) it helps to have help for this, possibly b4 bed as a preventative. - FYI -I was once a Massage therapist and a Holistic Health counselor-no longer practicing but I worked w/ digestive issues in my disabled clients- so "this is not professional advice" -but I know something about it.
Also i gave my lil dd finger tastes of yogurt-yes at 4 months... my husband is a European immigrant and its common all over Europe to inoculate the intestines w/ bitty bits of beneficial bac/flora such as in yogi. I saw dramatic improvement. And she loves plain whole milk yogi more than anything now!!
But also at 51/4 mo. a tooth appeared as well - so golly gee i think it was so many things in one lil body- but thereís my bit for you!!
-Mari and Lil sailor girrrl Hazel.
Good luck, you can pm me if you want more details..on the "walking"

Advertisement

marigrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #12
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's a link to a recommended diet:
http://www.sacredwindow.com/Articles-Cooking_Tips.html

I've been following this and this 2nd baby cries a lot less than my first when I ate things not recomended here. Good luck, mama!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #13
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Could be acid reflux. My little girl was upset for weeks before it hurt her bad enough to show the signs. Eating hurt her, she finally started arching her back while eating. she also drooled a ton and loved the paci. Seems saliva helps sooth their sore throat. We've been on prevacid for a month now and she's doing so much better.

My pediatircian was able to confirm it by lightly pressing on one little part and you could see her go from content to WTF? Just passing that along bc hopefully your pediatrician's up on that and may be able to rule it out quickly.

Lots of luck!
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #14
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks again for all the advice! He pooed in the afternoon after my op. He has been better since, with only some fussing/crying and gas. He does seem to like having his legs pushed up to his tummy and moved around. Got big smiles from that!

Now he is spitting up clear watery fluid (stinky bile, I guess). Strange to me. I guess babies like to all be different and keep us on our toes!
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote