Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #11
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: cloth diapers

definitely check out FSOT.

Advertisement

togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 AM   #12
Mrs.Haggie810
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've got all my dipes on here as well. I just got some prefolds from a co-op on here too, they're actually, FINALLY, done with their final drying so I can start using them today! Yay! My only advice would be to invest a little more in covers. Pro-Wraps are awesome, I just bought whatever I could afford, and some of them do not fit as well as others. I got some FFS. If you have to occassionally fill in with Gerber pull-up vinyl covers, they actually do not work bad as far as leaks go, but the do not breath, so I would use them sparingly. Otherwise that's about it, good luck!! =)
Kelley Wife to Jason homeschooling/WAHM to Coby 7 Caitlyn 5 Jaxon 3 , LilyAnn 2 , my UA HB, water baby, & expecting #5 in Nov/Dec
Blog: With Eager Hands Blog I edit: Redeeming Childbirth Shop: Sassafras
Mrs.Haggie810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 AM   #13
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how much do you get prefolds from a coop for?
peverroad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #14
zoeh2003
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not to scare you but be wary of the co-ops I just did one not here and never got my prefolds and it took to long to open a paypal dispute
Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #15
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would get my pfs used so you don't have to prep them. It takes alot of washing and drying to get them all prepped. And from my experience, the coops for pfs don't seem to save alot of money by the time you pay to have them shipped to the coop host and then shipped to you. But i guess if your ordering alot of them maybe the savings would add up.

Also there are lots of stores that offer cheapish prefoldl packages with covers. Good Luck!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:16 PM   #16
thebyrdsx5
Registered Users

My Mood:

If your trying to save money, do you have a freecycle group in your area? I posted asking for cloth dipes and got a lot of prefolds, people usually use them for burp clothes so they weren't even used on bums, not that it matters to me. It would save you some $$$$
Lori
thebyrdsx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #17
Tiredmama
Registered Users
seller

I posted on freecycle too and I got enough cloth diapers for both of my girls. It was very helpful because there was no way that I could have afforded all of it on my own. I have about half fitted diapers and half prefolds. I also have a bunch of covers. I haven't liked the all in one diapers too much but I have some and they are good for my husband to use. Prefolds are great, but there is a learning curve to them...it is best to start when the baby is really little and doesn't wiggle too much. I also had some kissaluvs fitted diapers that I use because they are great for containing messes.

Malissa
Tiredmama is offline   Reply With Quote