Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
mom2mybumpy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If they SAy they want it how long do you wait for pmt?

Really, I've had several mamas lately who have said they wanted something I had then never even logged back onto DS for almost 24 hours after pming me to tell me they wanted it. To be fair, most were pretty new, low post counts, low feedback and recent joining dates (like me) so I'm guessing that they just don't know how fast DS works.

I've recently started putting a request in my threads to receive pmt within 6 hours of my sending pp addy. But what's the etiquette here? Do I just wait the 6 hours, then pm them and tell them it's going back up? It seems a little harsh, but I don't want other potential buyers to pass it by b/c it's listed as pending. If I'm putting something for sale, it's because I want it out of here! What does everyone else do? TIA

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If they SAy they want it how long do you wait for pmt?

6 hours might be a little fast, IMO but you could put 12 hours or something...
right in the ad. I would definately PM them at 12 hours and say, "I haven't received your payment yet, you might want to check to make sure it went through. Please let me know if you're not interested anymore, I have someone else who is".
It is frustrating.. I've had people ask for my pp address and then I've never heard from them again....
Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

I've had this happen three times this week, and all were newer members who I sent my pp addy to - and then I never heard from them again ... what is that???

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i would do 12-24 hours, not everyone comes on everyday
when you add it to your post, just wait the time, check their status as to when they were on least, always use read receipt, and if they just aren't coming on, or maybe coming on but not replying to you or just taking forever to pay, just sell to the next in line
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
mom2mybumpy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, maybe 6 hours is a little fast. But don't you really think that if you're offering someone money for something, you should be prepared to fork it over? I don't mean to be harsh, really, and I definitely understand that things happen and we get tied up - we're moms for crying out loud.

But GENERALLY, if I'm going to make an offer to pay for something, I treat it like I'm at a store with my wallet open - as soon as you tell me how much, I hand it over. And as for people not getting on here every day, of course, true, if you're just chit chatting or browsing to see what's out there! But if someone is waiting on money from me, other than some crisis going on at my house, I will make a point to get on here and check my pm's so someone isn't just waiting, wondering if I'm ever going to pay. I mean, if I'm expecting a pmt, I'm stalking my pm's and pp acct so I don't miss it b/c I don't want that mama sitting there wondering if I'm ever going to ship it, I'd like the same courtesy with the pmt.

I just think that's rude & inconsiderate. Maybe it's just me....