Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
WildflowerCB
Registered Users
Formerly: ri814146
seller
seller

My Mood:
Has anyone Labored Naturally through pitocin?

Well......... I am in my 41st week and still no baby. I'm not having any real contractions or progress to make me believe she will come. I have been going in for NST's and my Midwife said she would like to induce Sunday as long as my NST tomorrow still looks good (otherwise it will be tomorrow!) So she has pretty much given me the 2 extra weeks to have her, and even though my birth plan was not to induce, I don't want to take any risks either. So out she will come. My husband and I went to Lamaze classes and planned on having this baby naturally. My midwife and I went over my birth plan of things such as , No IV site, No constant monitoring, freedom to labor and move around. Now that I am being induced, its throw it all out the window. So I want to know is it reasonable to believe I might still be able to labor naturally with the pitocin? I had planned on using positions and water and such to help me, but now I am going to be stuck in bed, hooked up to monitors, and I am feeling defeated on a medication free labor. I don't want to be miserable only to cave and get an epidural. Everything I have read and heard includes pain medication after the use of pitocin, so please tell me how it went for you. Thanks

Advertisement

WildflowerCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
luv2recycle
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Has anyone Labored Naturally through pitocin?

My little sister labored naturally with pit she was 42 weeks pg and went in and got hooked up tp the iv and not long after that her contractions started and she progressed very fast. They actually shut the pit off after an hour because her body just took over all she needed was a little help they said. I personally went into labor naturally so I cant speak from my experience...but I was with my sister the entire time. She just used the bradley method as if she went into labor on her own.

Just be positive and try to stick with it...it dosent last forever and in the end you will be so happy that you did what you wanted and had a natural child birth Best of luck mama

and heres some labor vibes so hopefully you can avoid the pit all together
luv2recycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
WildflowerCB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I Hadn't thought of that, that would be really great if I was lucky enough just to need a little to get started. I will hope for that! Thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One of my best friends labored naturally thru pit, for 14 hours, with a transverse baby and an episiotomy. She is my HERO. (oh - and after it was all said and done, she said she was GLAD she hadn't gotten an epidural. yeah. my hero.)

Good luck, mama!!
Mom2Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #5
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if she breaks your water first you may have a great chance of not needing the pit.,mama. With DS 1 and 2 I was pushing within 2 hours of AROM

Old 08-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had pitocin done before having any meds. I personally would not recommend it. That is just my opinion. I could not take the pain. It was sooo bad when I had another induction I asked for the epidural BEFORE the pitocin.

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #7
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did! I'm just popping in right now, but I would love to tell you more of my experience.

Just PM or I'll pop back on later and give you as much info as I can.
There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #8
mommyofatoz
Registered Users
seller

I did with DS2. I don't remember the details of how high they had the pitocin or anything, but it didn't seem as bad as I thought it would. I didn't want meds until I hit transition, and of course I knew it was too late anyway...Now after having DS3 w/o pitocin (had and epidural w/ds1 due to preeclampsia), I do think the contractions were a little more intense w/DS2, but I don't think there was too much difference...but everyone's pain tolerence levels are different! My sister just had an induced labor and ended up getting an epidural, of course they thought she was going to be in labor for a while and she wanted to sleep.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:45 AM   #9
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I labored naturally with pitocin. My labor was not moving along as quickly as the DR would have liked. There was meconium present when my water broke so they were concerned about DD. She put my on a low dose of pitocin and that kicked things into high gear. The pitocin certainly made the contractions more intense but in my opinion- they were manageable. I used HypnoBabies during the birth of my daughter and I as so glad I did because I think it helped give me the tools to have the "drug free" birth that I wanted.

Good luck Mama!
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 AM   #10
WildflowerCB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't tell you how wonderful and reassuring it is to hear so many positive things! It helps a lot to know that others have made it through with out medication. Please keep the stories coming. Thanks