Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Have you ever nursed in a bathroom/NIP stories

I have...but only two times in 16 1/2 mths. First time was when we were at a church dinner and the chairs weren't comfty & didn't cover my back too well...the 2nd time was at my brother-in-law's funeral b/c it was a huge nice bathroom w/a ottoman. Other times (in my 16 1/2mths of nursing) I've nursed in resturants (cracker barrel, a nice mexican resturant etc) walmart, church, kmart...etc and got funny looks but thankfully no-one said anything. I just stared right back at those who looked at me. (I only covered up 1 or 2 times then discovered it wasn't for us )

Lets hear about your nursing in bathroom stories or your NIP stories

Advertisement

Last edited by CrunchyMama0607; 09-06-2007 at 04:10 PM.
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you ever nursed in a bathroom/NIP stories

I have with my first son, bc I was not comfortable with NIP. I used a blanket and a cover up and he would expose me all the time. He hated the blanket on his head, and I was afraid to nurse without a coverup...

With Landyn, I do not use a coverup and so I rarely show anything at all...I wear a snug fitting undershirt type of tank top with holes cut out where my breasts are so that way my stomach and back are covered, and then my shirt always covers my breasts, and I am large chested...I am totally comfy with NIP but there have been times that the place I was at at that particular place and time I was not comfortable because of the people around. I remember one particular place I was without my husband and these 2 guys kept gawking and staring and making rude comments and such, so I moved on because I felt a perv vibe....KWIM....and then I remember a time recently that I did only because they had a powder room right outside of the bathroom, you had to go into a door to get into the powder room, and then go through a door in there to get to the bathroom, and I went in there because they had an awesome couch and I wanted a comfy spot to sit..lol
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicap View Post
I have with my first son, bc I was not comfortable with NIP. I used a blanket and a cover up and he would expose me all the time. He hated the blanket on his head, and I was afraid to nurse without a coverup...

With Landyn, I do not use a coverup and so I rarely show anything at all...I wear a snug fitting undershirt type of tank top with holes cut out where my breasts are so that way my stomach and back are covered, and then my shirt always covers my breasts, and I am large chested...I am totally comfy with NIP but there have been times that the place I was at at that particular place and time I was not comfortable because of the people around. I remember one particular place I was without my husband and these 2 guys kept gawking and staring and making rude comments and such, so I moved on because I felt a perv vibe....KWIM....and then I remember a time recently that I did only because they had a powder room right outside of the bathroom, you had to go into a door to get into the powder room, and then go through a door in there to get to the bathroom, and I went in there because they had an awesome couch and I wanted a comfy spot to sit..lol
LOL yeah the bathrm at the funeral home ROCKED! It was so comfty...too bad DD decided to puke on it and the floor She ate too much LOL I did venture out to nurse in a chair when everyone was leaving though.

Love undershirts! Before I got pregnant I always wore one under my shirt so I could NIP really easy w/o my belly showing.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
kclarkadpi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, rather go into my car than do that.

Unless there's a separate sitting area in the bathroom with chairs and stuff. But NEVER in a stall!
Love 'em, but my fav. quote "You've never been in love unless you've contemplated where to hide the body". Haha!
kclarkadpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never nursed in a stall, never will My sil was nice enough to make me a sitting area by the sink when we were at the church dinner party.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
momo5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK, I did a couple of times when my first was a nb, at church though clean. Or I would go to the car. When baby #4 was a nb I walked around Old Navy hooked up! I covered up with a nursing blanket but we just finished with baby chowing. Hehehe not too comfy though would not recommend it!
momo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclarkadpi View Post
No, rather go into my car than do that.

Unless there's a separate sitting area in the bathroom with chairs and stuff. But NEVER in a stall!

I've never left where I was to nurse and I don't have any good stories. I do use a cover so that might have something to do with it...

ETA: that said, if anyone ever did harass me about it, they'll wish they hadn't.

Last edited by togg_mama; 09-06-2007 at 06:22 PM.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
bellamama
Registered Users
seller

I was at a family reunion once and it was so loud that I took a chair in the bathroom but otherwise I normally will nurse anywhere.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #9
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope. I never use a cover not do I wear nursing shirts. Amazingly I can still be discreet. I have nursed my son anywhere and everywhere...including walking around parks, museums and shops. I have nursed on planes and trains and in the middle of NYC yet I have never had anyone say anything rude to me. I have gotten a few looks that seemed less than approving but no one has had the nerve to say anything. I would quickly educate them on the subject!

Last week I was in Nordtroms and my DD had to use the bathroom. They have the nicest lounge in there! I am talking beautiful! If Miles had wanted to nurse I surely would have done so there...but not in the actual bathroom section.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #10
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, i've pretty much nursed everywhere & w/o a cover or nursing shirt...if there is a place that i haven't been able to though i just go to the car

i nursed outside of wal-mart sitting on the pavement while waiting for the release of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows, lol! no one, even the punk rock stoner kid behind me said anything, the lady in front of us & the 2 guys behind us just kept conversating like i wasn't doing anything, i thought it was pretty cool of them since they were probably 20-21 or so and probably don't come across NIP often, lol!

eta a pic of E nursing

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808

Last edited by rainbowbrite812; 09-06-2007 at 08:40 PM.
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote