Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #11
Sarah's Supermilk
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you ever nursed in a bathroom/NIP stories

I've NIP with all 3 of my babes. You wouldn't believe the people that would come up to me to see the baby, and I'd have to say, sorry (s)he is eating right now. I don't use a cover anywhere usually except church. I don't feel too comfortable exposing myself with teenagers sitting behind me. I've never had rude comments anywhere except at my ex's aunt & uncles house. She asked that I not do it in front of her teenagers. Needless to say I guess I understand her ignorance, but I didn't visit much after that. I'm sure I have nursed in a bathroom sitting area or two, but never in a stall. I remember with my 1st baby, our 1st big outing with her was to the mall and I wore overalls (why?). When she got hungry, boy was it ridiculous trying to unstrap all that stuff. Never did that again. I think the worst has been the stares when you EBF your kids. Like, what is she doing w/that toddler?

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #12
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I love my mom. The one time I was going to was at the Bass Pro Shop in Missouri and I told my mom I was going to (DS1 was a month old and we hadn't been out to NIP yet) go to the bathroom. She came in and saw what I was doing and told me no. She said that her grandbaby wasn't going to eat in a bathroom and took me out to a rocking chair out front. There were lots of them and she sat next to me and helped me get comfy and bf right by the door. No one said anything and I got all kinds of adoring looks. That was the begining of my NIP no shame

Thanks mom!
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:55 PM   #13
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
I love my mom. The one time I was going to was at the Bass Pro Shop in Missouri and I told my mom I was going to (DS1 was a month old and we hadn't been out to NIP yet) go to the bathroom. She came in and saw what I was doing and told me no. She said that her grandbaby wasn't going to eat in a bathroom and took me out to a rocking chair out front. There were lots of them and she sat next to me and helped me get comfy and bf right by the door. No one said anything and I got all kinds of adoring looks. That was the begining of my NIP no shame

Thanks mom!

Aren't moms great!
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #14
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post

Thanks mom!
Awwwww what a lovely mother you have!!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #15
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowbrite812 View Post
yeah, i've pretty much nursed everywhere & w/o a cover or nursing shirt...if there is a place that i haven't been able to though i just go to the car

i nursed outside of wal-mart sitting on the pavement while waiting for the release of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows, lol! no one, even the punk rock stoner kid behind me said anything, the lady in front of us & the 2 guys behind us just kept conversating like i wasn't doing anything, i thought it was pretty cool of them since they were probably 20-21 or so and probably don't come across NIP often, lol!

eta a pic of E nursing
Awwwww hes GORGEOUS! Thats great that noone said anything to you!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #16
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah's Supermilk View Post
I've NIP with all 3 of my babes. You wouldn't believe the people that would come up to me to see the baby, and I'd have to say, sorry (s)he is eating right now. I don't use a cover anywhere usually except church. I don't feel too comfortable exposing myself with teenagers sitting behind me. I've never had rude comments anywhere except at my ex's aunt & uncles house. She asked that I not do it in front of her teenagers. Needless to say I guess I understand her ignorance, but I didn't visit much after that. I'm sure I have nursed in a bathroom sitting area or two, but never in a stall. I remember with my 1st baby, our 1st big outing with her was to the mall and I wore overalls (why?). When she got hungry, boy was it ridiculous trying to unstrap all that stuff. Never did that again. I think the worst has been the stares when you EBF your kids. Like, what is she doing w/that toddler?
Yeah I think thats why I got so many stares when i NIP'ed w/DD~because she was a big toddler
Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #17
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like to use a sling when NIP or got to a dressing room. I'm simply not good enough yet not to show the world what's going on!

But I'm easily embarrassed too. I still blush talking to my OB even though he not only checked me during labor, but sliced and diced me to get my LO out. And I still turn tomato red. No exageration.

My mom creeped me out. I definately did not want her seeing that, but after the section I couldn't even begin to be discreet. She knew I wanted privacy but would cast sly glances bc she thought it was so sweet

I'm so having my MIL take care of me after the next one!
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #18
mhr1406
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do nurse in the bathroom at church but they have this huge comfy couch and sitting area that is way more comfy than the pews in the service.

When we do NIP ds is usually in the sling.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #19
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no and wont ... i did a few times here at home ds was starving and i have IBS it hit hard and i had 2 #2 so i did.. i couldnt bear her him scream as i was in pain myself
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #20
imamama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have had to do that a time or two, myself!
I almost always cover up but a time or two I have NIP without anything but my t-shirt to cover - just been discreet. One time I did that at Disneyland in a very uncrowded area of tables and chairs and no one even knew what I was up to. Of course, I have pretty small milk jugs so not much to hide!