Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #21
Mia276
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have you ever nursed in a bathroom/NIP stories

I will admit yes, and even in a stall.... . BUT it was a very clean bathroom: a private, out of the way bathroom inside a Hard Rock Cafe where DH worked at the time. VERY clean as far as restrooms go, and I only did it b/c I wasn't comfortable with NIP at the time. After those two uncomfortable incidents, I NIP'd for the first time when he was about six months, sitting on a bench in the middle of a mini-golf course, with a blanket covering ds for warmth, although his head was not covered. It wasn't very busy; all I got was a couple of idle glances from two families that came by. I think I used that same nursing cover (for it's intended purpose) maybe two other times. And now, at 16 months, I will proudly nurse anywhere, anytime, no covers here, thank you. I think I've come a long way.

Advertisement

Mia276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #22
Mia276
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rainbow Brite, your ds is precious!! I love the spiky hair!!

Mia276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #23
missy_cbell21
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2~3offspring View Post
no and wont ... i did a few times here at home ds was starving and i have IBS it hit hard and i had 2 #2 so i did.. i couldnt bear her him scream as i was in pain myself
i don't have ibs but felt like it after i had ds. i spent many days nursing in our bathroom. never would in a public one though, unless it had a nice sitting area not next too the stalls.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:50 PM   #24
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, ONE time. Most of the time I go to the car where it is nice and comfy (and air-conditioned). We were on a dinner cruise on Racquette Lake in NY and the boat was packed with a lot of other people and it was not private at all. I went to the bathroom to change dd, but I ended up nursing her there as well because she needed it right away and couldn't wait! Luckily, the bathroom was very clean and the toilet had a cover, so it wasn't too uncomfortable.

Actually, there was one other time I nursed dd#2 in a bathroom, once again it was a case where I was just stuck there and couldn't get out in time because she couldn't wait. I had gone in there for dd#1 to potty, and had a sit n stand stroller (read: Large!) in a small bathroom, and I started nursing her in the sling, but couldn't manuever the stroller back out of the tiny bathroom and through the equally tiny hallway while nursing in the sling. So I just did it there and continued on when we were done.

So I guess that's 2 times.

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:53 AM   #25
paintedbison
Registered Users
seller

Never... can't figure out if you sit on the toilet with your pants up or down... so I just avoid the whole situation.

I've nursed in every restaurant (applebees included), the mall, the zoo, church prayer meetings, Sears portrait studio (today), the park, Disneyland, the butterfly museum... this boy eats constantly, so if it's somewhere I have to go chances are I'll be feeding him there. I have never once even noticed getting a sideways look from anyone. A couple of sweet comments, but that is it. I kinda want someone to mess with me. I would tell them to call the police... I ain't leavin'! It would be the most exciting event of my life probably!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:30 AM   #26
newphillymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
I love my mom. The one time I was going to was at the Bass Pro Shop in Missouri and I told my mom I was going to (DS1 was a month old and we hadn't been out to NIP yet) go to the bathroom. She came in and saw what I was doing and told me no. She said that her grandbaby wasn't going to eat in a bathroom and took me out to a rocking chair out front. There were lots of them and she sat next to me and helped me get comfy and bf right by the door. No one said anything and I got all kinds of adoring looks. That was the begining of my NIP no shame

Thanks mom!
great story!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:31 AM   #27
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I have nursed in the bathroom, but just cause it was comfy rather than where i was at the time. I have nursed at the library- that was one of my 1st NIP experiences. Ive nursed at the mall in and out of a sling. Ive nursed in church (this i found was a bit harder to do). ive nursed at peoples houses. ive nursed in the car. I tried nursing in the pool and tub and DD wasnt having it. I can say i have NEVER nursed in bed. She just would not lay down and nurse.

**heres to hoping Lana is much different **
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:40 AM   #28
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've never nursed in a bathroom, but I nursed in dressing rooms in the beginning before I had gotten the hang of things and mostly didn't want people to watch me struggle. Sometimes a dressing room is the only place with a decent seat. As DD gets older sometimes it is just easier to remove myself if I'm in a really crazy place because it is annoying to have her popping off every ten seconds. I've nursed everywhere: restaurants, malls, church, peoples' houses, the beach, the pool. I am always discreet, which is more comfortable for me, and I've never had a problem.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:46 AM   #29
challdorson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

never in a bathroom- and like many of the other pp's have said, i dont plan on it. ive pretty much nursed everywhere. park, zoo, mall, in-laws, library, mommy and me classes, restaurants, you name it

i must say, i impressed myself the other day, dd (9 months) was hungry, and I was shopping at old navy... and my older daughter (3) was sitting in the stroller. i wasnt about to sit in the bathroom, and there wasnt anywhere to sit in the store, and i was still shopping, so somehow I managed to nurse abigail AND push the stroller around the store and shop at the same time. i got a few looks- but I think they were more like how the hell is she managing that!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #30
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not joking for all my kids for the first 5 mths.. they were at my breast 24/7 I nursed watching tv.. sleeping... taking a shower... taking a bath ... shopping... pottying.... .... so yea.. everywhere...
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote