Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #11
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NON CIRCING MOMS!!!!!!

I'm so sorry your little guy is going through this! My ds has had this same problem minus the white watery discharge. My family doc thought it was perhaps yeast and we treated it with OTC lotrimin cream. I did very gently pull back on his foreskin, but not forcibly and not beyond his glans. I spread the cream all around. It started looking better then it came back a couple of weeks later. I had been been putting the same cream on it every so often "just to make sure" it didn't come back. He woke up one morning and it was so red and totally swollen (it had looked fine the night before). After much research and stress, I finally just left it alone (NO more manipulating his foreskin at all or applying any kind of cream) and started putting him in sposies at night (I know, I know). I haven't had a problem since. The Mothering board's choosing not to circ forum has ALOT of information on this too. That board really informed me on many no-circ issues. Good luck!

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #12
hby
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have used a couple drops of lavendar oil, breastmilk, bath and air. Do you have any signs of yeast infection? Painful shooting pain in breasts, itching,etc. Or do you have a yeast infection? Do it look red and swollen from being in a hot (summer time) diaper or more like fiery raised and red?? If the later it may be yeast. Let us know what is is looking like. I just recently read that some redness can be normal.
Hattie
hby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #13
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm...I would say dont squeeze it or move it around at all.

Try some Neosporin Ointment (looks like vaseline, not white cream!) and rub it on there, but dont try to shove it up in there....

poor little guy....breastmilk sounds good.....

Are you on MDC?? If not, It would be well worth your while to go over there

www.mothering.com/discussions

and get a username real quick. then scroll down to the CASE AGAINST CIRCUMCISION forum. Ask , and you will get answers from moms, and there are even some guys on there who help out with answers. They are intact too.

Good luck , and whatever happens.....even if you wind up at the dr...

DONT LET ANYONE RETRACT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #14
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

Thanks ladies! The Breast milk and naked butt worked wonders! He woke this morning and it looks much less swollen. My kids did think me a bit odd when I pulled out a breast and squirt him a few times, LOL! But they are getting used to my odditites.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #15
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol! im glad it helped him

yeah, squirting with your boobies is an interesting spectacle around here too (especially if its thomas and our son squirting each OTHER but thats besides the point! )

is it the rest of the way better now?? i hope it wasnt bothering him!!
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:49 PM   #16
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sounds like a yeast infection?...my non circed dh had this happen too...he was freaking out thinking he would have to cut off the beloved skin haha shhhhh don't tell him I said anything he would have my head, but his turned out to be a yeast infection...
Old 07-24-2006, 08:03 PM   #17
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

May sound gross, but my oldest son had the same issue (no major discharge though) and the pediatrician chalked it up to a lot of erections (and rubbing a bit raw). I am glad his stuff works, but the last thing I wanted to hear!
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote