Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #11
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ok, lay on your + preemie stories!

I'll type more later but ds1 was born at 34weeks, I had bleeding a few days before, went to dr was dialated to 3 and having contractions.... couple days later (right at 34weeks) I had A. 5lbs 3.7 oz and he spent 9days in the NICU, now at 28m hes appx 30lbs and 36inches...
feel free to ask? but I need to run for now

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2007, 08:19 PM   #12
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My youngest DD was born just at 35 weeks. I went into labor at 34.5 weeks and fortunetly they were able to stop it. I was going to need a repeat c-section, so they especially didn't want me to have labor contractions. 3 days later I went into labor again. They tried to stop it twice with no luck. I was dilating and the contractions were 5 min apart. So they took me in for the c-section. She was born in 15 minutes. She was screaming hard and every body was relieved. They set me up for the worst. "She would probably have to go to the NICU"...."She probably will need a feeding tube, she is to young to nurse and may not know how"..."We may need to respirate her"..all this is being said while they are wheeling me into the OR. So when she was pulled out screaming...there were a few cheers in the room as well! She was tiny, 5 lbs 9 oz. She did go to the NICU...her sugar level was low so instead of asking me if it was ok to give her a bottle of formula, they put in an IV to give her glucose! I would have gladly let her suck on a bottle! They tried squirting it down her throat with a seringe...but she gaged and threw it back up. DUH.. Anyhoo...She needed oxygen b/c she wasn't saturating to well at first. Most likely from the c-section though.
After 7 hours she was able to come to my room, I latched her on and she was chowing down, nursed like a pro!!! After she came off of the oxygen she was as normal as normal can be! She only lost 4 oz total and then gained 2 lbs in the first week. (Mommy milk does a baby good! ) Even her jaundice levels didn't get to high which is pretty typical for early babies and BF'ed babies too. Now she is a vibrant, full of life, VERY active 19 month old!!!! So she proved the nurses and Dr's wrong!!! That's my girl!!!!

Try not to stress mama! I can't imagine how scared you are, but don't work yourself up into a frenzy. I will be praying for peace to come over you, and that everything will turn out just fine!

ETA: Btw...they have no clue as to what caused my early labor. I had all the exact dates b/c I was being monitored while TTC. So we al knew she was indeed early. I was hydrated, no infections....no problems. They thought it might be linked to the previous c-section, but when they got in there...everything was fine. No extreme scar tissue, just very little. Who knows... Other than it was her Grandpa's birthday and she wanted to meet him..LOL. She is still a Papa's girl too!!!!

Last edited by babygirls2; 09-07-2007 at 08:22 PM.
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #13
BRIDEN
Registered Users
Formerly: brveille
seller
seller

My Mood:

My niece was born at27wk at 1lb 8oz. She struggle a bit but was a strong little fighter. She is now a vibrant 28lb 3.5yr old who has the vocabulary to compete with any preschooler. I cant say enought about the dedication and love the drs showed for her.

Last edited by BRIDEN; 09-07-2007 at 08:32 PM.
BRIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #14
MelDM
Registered Users
Formerly: newmom
seller

My Mood:

My DD was born at 31 weeks. She was IUGR and had stopped growing around 28 weeks. She was 2 lbs 12 oz. She spent 6.5 weeks in the NICU, but is now home and is healthy and as smart as can be. She is 14 months old.

Mama to 3! Brooke (4), Katie (3) and our newest addition, Ryan born 3/5/2011!
MelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #15
momof5under7
Registered Users
Formerly: momof4under5
seller

My Mood:

My DS no. 2 was born at 35 weeks. He was 5 lbs 13 oz., bigger than his brother who was full term (just barely, though). There wasn't anything complicated during the whole pregnancy...I did go into PTL with him at 29 weeks but they stopped the contractions with some shots of . I guess he just couldn't wait to come out and got tired of my other kids accidentally bumping into my tummy/him. He came out crying and scored a 9 on the Apgar scale. He did have some problems keeping himself warm, but other than that, he was perfect. Didn't spend one day in the NICU. GL, mama, and LUK how everything goes. I'm sure you and baby will be fine!

ISO: PP
momof5under7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #16
crunchymomof3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
seller

My Mood:

My DS was born at 34 1/2 weeks. He is now a great 18 month old ! Was in the NICU for 2 weeks but we had great doctors and nurses. oh and he has no issues from being a preemie .. he is a big boy and has been ever since he got home and started growing
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #17
chicky
In the Land Of Wool
seller

My Mood:

all 3 of my kiddos were preemies!

my first dd was born at 35 weeks 3 days weighed in at 5 pounds 7 ounces by emergency c section, had a apgar of 1 not so good but she is a trooper! stayed in teh nicu for 12 days

my twins i had pre term labor starting at 28 weeks they had to stop in mucltiple times and i was given steriod shots for them i spent 4+ weeks on bedrest in the hospital with them off and on they were born at 35 weeks 3 days too weighing 6 pounds 9 ounces for my son and my 2nd dd weighed 6 pounds 1 ounce, my son went to nicu for 5 hours hard time transitioning and then roomed in with me till we left on day 4, my dd didnt do as well and lost a pound she came home on day 9 weighing 5 pounds 1 ounce they were repeat c sections as well.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #18
Khourtniey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 29 weeker and a 27 weeker.. My 29 weeker is my + story.. He spent 3 weeks in the NICU, came home with GERD and some other small issues..

My 27 weeker has a lot of un preemie related problems, but he is doing fairly well too. He has a trach and a vent though.

I started dilating at 18 weeks with my first and 17 weeks with my second.. I was on bedrest fooooorever. I started having contractions at 20 weeks with my first and they were regular (every 3-10 mins) from 24 weeks until my son was born (at 29)

Good luck!
Khourtniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:01 AM   #19
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

story #1:

I went to the ER thursday in feb 2005 with my mom and it was due to bleeding they couldnt explain and they said i was 75% and 3cm and to expect DS in a few days or few weeks. i was 36w or so then.
Then Sunday feb 27th (3 days after i went to ER) i went out with DH (he wasnt my DH at the time though) to the mall and we walked and i started having AF cramps (which i knew were contractions) they did not go away. We then went to Meijer (its a store like walmart) because DH said he wanted to buy me a nice maternity outfit. Well i was in the dressing room and literally felt like i was going to pass out- i mean i literally blacked out for a few and stumbled out of the dressing room and kept saying " i need to go to the hospital, somethings not right" over and over. So DH of course never having been around a preggo lady is like, well lets grab something to eat and ill take you home. This was was at around 10pm or so. So we go to Steak N Shake and i kept saying to him " i need to go to the hospital, something isnt right". Then at 11pm i arrived home, told my mom what happend and she told me to lay down. then at midnight i woke up hungry and made mac n cheese, laid back down. 1am i wake up feeling like i have to pee but clear fluid comes out so i figure my water broke- NOPE, not yet. i lay back down. I had cramps this whole time, they never stopped. THEN at 2am i wake up feeling wet and i look down and theres BLOOD everywhere in my bed- i freak!!!!!!!!!!! i go to the bathroom and cant even stand up before blood rushes out- i crawl into my moms room and say " mommy, im bleeding i need to go to the hospital" (so my mom had placenta abruption with me and knew what was going on and of course didnt freak or anything) but i had no idea what was going on. So we get to hosital at 4am. Im starting to dialate and get heavy BACK labor in my leg. I make it to 8cm and DSs heartrate starts to drop. They say i need a emergency c-section.

so Monday feb 28th 2005 at 12:04pm via- c/s at 36w6d Nathaniel Owen Lee P. was born. He had no problems at all- he weighed 6lb 3oz and only had slight jaundice. I was diagonosed with Placenta Abruption.

Story #2

Nov 12,2005 it was my wedding night. i was 7w pregnant then. I had no idea what would happen that night.
I went to my wedding, got to the reception, went to change clothes and saw blood. I went to ER. I found out i was having twins. BUT sadly one or both wouldnt make it.
Kept bleeding, then at 17w4d we lost angel twin DS. Shortly after that i was diagnosed with Fused Placenta Previa. It moved back up away from my cervix though.
Everything was fine, but all of May 2006 i kept having off anf on contractions (AF cramps) and i knew it would be soon. Sunday May 21, 2006 DH (he was my DH at the time) and i were at the park walking and i kept having consistant cramps and i told him, i think im in labor. I went home and sure enough that night i tossed and turned and i went to go to pee and thought my water broke but nope- just pee i guess. i was 36w1d I went to the hospital anyway just to be checked. They checked me and told me they wanted to STOP my labor- i denied it. i knew this is when DD was suppose to be here or i wouldnt be in labor. Labor progressed and stopped completely at 5cm. they wouldnt induce me based on my crappy OB and previous c/S. So i had to have another c/s.

Monday May 22,2006 at 8:20PM via c/s-- candice elena A. was born. she weighed 5lb8oz and had MANY problems.

in the recovery room she was blotchy and couldnt breathe well. They took her to the NICU-- hooked my baby up to IV, O2 hood and later hose, feedin tube. She stayed there 2w.

so after all that plus the total of 2 losses at the time i was told i have uteroplacental insuffiency and that causes my losses and preterm labor. i will always have it and nothing can prevent it.

I had 2 more losses and am now pregnant again and so far no placenta issues or preterm labor issues, but i dont look to go past 36w.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #20
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all your stories ladies! I'm just feeling a little frightened with this delivery....never been afraid before and it figures with my last child I feel like I'm having my first - "I don't wanna do it!" lol

Some of your stories are like my 36 weeker.....he wound up needing a NICU stay as well hooked up like a little robot plus steroid shots to help develop his lungs more. It was heartbreaking to see all the hoses and lines coming out of his little body and umbelical cord stump. I'm glad to read of the successful stories though, as the doctor said she'd probably have a LD issue if she came out before 36 weeks. As long as she's healthy I guess it doesnt' matter, we'll deal with it! thanks for the encouragement and keep the positive vibes coming!!
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote