Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #1
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Introducing Lucas Vaughn

I know this is pretty late, but things have been crazy here!!

Sunday evening, August 19th, I started having contractions. They were about 10-12 minutes apart, so I put my feet up, drank lots of water and figured if I could sleep through them, nothing to worry about.

Monday morning, August 20th, contractions again. Still about 10 minutes apart. As the day wore on, they got closer together. At 2, I called my OB's office to see if I should be concerned. At this point they were about 4 to 6 minutes apart, but still not painful. The nurse said my OB was not in the office that day, to go to the hospital to get checked out.

I fully expected to be sent home and told it was my imagination, but when they checked me, I was having contractions every 2 to 3 minutes, and was dilated to a 4.

For various medical reasons, I knew I was having a c-section, so the nurse said, "You're having a baby tonight." Of course, we call everyone and let them know... I guess we should have waited!

The nurse paged my OB. He didn't agree. He asked them to try to stop labor with an injection and IV fluids. They gave me the injection and the IV fluids (it is now 5:00), and it was the wait and see game. Contractions didn't stop or slow, but I was no more dilated. OB said more IV fluids, more waiting. After the third and fourth bag of fluid, it was obvious my contractions weren't lessening and labor was not going to stop. At 7:45 I was told I would have a c-section at 8:30.

It was so different from the last time! I walked into the OR, and climbed up onto the table. The people were counting instruments, etc, and it was so relaxed! They gave me the spinal and my OB walked in. At 8:45, Lucas Vaughn was born (35 weeks, 1 day) weighing 8 lbs 1 oz, and 19 inches long.

Lucas had no complications whatsoever! He didn't even need to be treated for jaundice! The nurses and doctors were absolutely wonderful and followed my birth plan exactly! Lucas has never had anything but cloth on his bottom!! You wouldn't believe how many nurses were asking me about the cloth diapers, thinking they might want to use them too!!

He was a champion nursling, latching on his own just an hour after he was born! We both came home Wednesday, August 22.

Unfortunately, the pictures we had taken are too big to upload, and we can't upload from our camera to this computer (laptop is getting fixed). I will post pictures, though as soon as I can!

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Introducing Lucas Vaughn

Congrats! Thats a big 35 weeker!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Hey , another Peoria momma ! Congrats on your new lil one

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:32 AM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Congrats mama!!! he sure is big for a 35 weeker..
i am 36w1d and i keep worring about having this baby, i hope he stays in another week at least, after hearing how big and healthy your little guy is, it makes me feel a little better, i know this baby is bigger than my other 2 were..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:35 AM   #5
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats! I may have to have another section and if I do I hope it goes like yours.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:58 AM   #6
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow, congrats! That's a big baby mama!!
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #7
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

WOW that is a big 35 weeker!!! Congrats!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations on the birth of your son! Our DS's almost shared a birthday (Aug. 20) . I can't get over how big your DS is for a35 weeker! I can't imagine if he had gone to full term...
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #9
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1happymama View Post
Congratulations on the birth of your son! Our DS's almost shared a birthday (Aug. 20) . I can't get over how big your DS is for a35 weeker! I can't imagine if he had gone to full term...
He was born August 20th! They do share a birthday! Congratulations to you as well!

I was told if he was full term, he could have been as much as 13+ lbs! DS #1 was 35 weeks 2 days and weighed 7 lbs 6.5 oz. I guess I just grow them big! LOL It's a good thing since they come early!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #10
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

Congrats mama! Sounds like you do grow em big!

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote