Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yikes! The baby is sucking my brains out!

I've always heard people say they felt like this and have felt this way myself. About a year ago I read an article about how if you don't have enough Omega 3 healthy fats in your diet your body will actually rob them from your brain tissue to give to the baby when you are pregnant or nursing. (also a major cause of postpartum depression) This pregnancy I am taking an Omega 3 supplement doing much better. When I had the stomach flu I was without them for several days. Well the other night my husband jokingly told me I needed to make sure and take those as I was saying the salt is in by that thing, you know that thing finally had to say the thing you cook on, brain dead. I am back on them and having a lot less brain malfunctions. So yes it is true the baby may be sucking your brain out but there is something you can do about it, just thought you might want to know.

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
keithmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yikes! The baby is sucking my brains out!

When you say "brain malfunctions", do you mean that your were having memory loss, like when you are getting ready to say something and them totally forget. I have been like that through all of my pregnancies (this being #5) so it's a wonder that I have any brain left . I think I will try to take omega 3, but I feel that I get enough of it in my diet, but maybe I don't.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the heads up! i read that awhile back but never bought any omega-3...were going groc shopping monday so ill pick some up then! i need all the brain cells i can get i too have gone completly BRAINDEAD!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

joining the braindead crew here as well. I feel like an absolute IDIOT most days it seems!! My DH teases me that I get stupider (more stupid I should say) with each baby, UGH!
ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:34 AM   #5
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've gone completely stupid since pregnancy/kids. Can it be repaired?
Old 09-09-2007, 08:35 AM   #6
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooCrew10 View Post
joining the braindead crew here as well. I feel like an absolute IDIOT most days it seems!! My DH teases me that I get stupider (more stupid I should say) with each baby, UGH!
I know how you feel, when I'm nursing I would always say it was the baby sucking my brain out, now I know it was partially true. I have real smart kids though!!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #7
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake View Post
I've gone completely stupid since pregnancy/kids. Can it be repaired?
During some of the last pregnancies it was real bad and now it seems to be a lot better for me. I take an Omega 3 vitamin with each meal. I also am taking other supplements, my body has done an amazing job of healing this last year or so. Our bodies are designed to heal if we give them the right tools, About 2 years ago, I was asking my husband if this is how people that end up in the mental institute start out, I was really scared I was gonna end up there (now I find out so was he) but now he will testify that I am doing great (I even have energy again). So yeah your body can heal the damage but you have to get rid of toxins in your body and give it the tools. Good luck to any mama trying to regain brain cells.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #8
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm definately there, lol! I am taking some fish oil too. I read somewhere that it takes about 90 days to see a lot of effect from it, so I went into it saying I WILL do this for at least 90 days! I just drink a bit of juice right after, and it's not bad at all. I know there are gel caps, but they are more expensive, and I want to take something trustworthy. So this is the best for the money I could find. I'm taking the Twin Lab Cod Liver Oil.

So Joyful Mother, can you share some more about being able to reverse damage to your body? I am having difficulties and would love to hear your story. I am taking Shaklee Basics vitamins, Shaklee calcium, and the cod liver oil. But I can't notice any difference at all. I try not to eat a lot of sugar, and I try to eat healthy, but still not a lot of change. I think for me the biggest need is rest. But I am constantly nursing or pregnant. I just don't know how to remedy it. I would love to hear more about what has helped you!
Old 09-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Isn't it funny how baby does suck all the brain power right out of you? I am currently nursing AND pregnant. I feel as if my brain is really losing it. I have been taking and OMEGA supplement for months now. I would hate to see how brain dead I would be if I weren't.....
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #10
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yup I pretty much have felt brain dead all day today