Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
When are you no longer liable? *Update in OP*

I had a mama contact me about a diaper that I sold probably around 2 months ago with a complaint about wicking.

I never had any problems with the diaper while I had it--but I always used a stay-dry doubler with it because it never seemed very absorbant.

When does a seller become no longer liable for the condition of a diaper?

*UPDATE* AS it turns out, she contacted the original maker---apparently the diaper was a tester... and now, even though the diaper has been through one other person, me (and worked fine for me) and now her, the WAHM is going to give her a brand new non-tester FFS. I'm not sure if I totally agree with the outcome... but, when it comes down to it, it's none of my business.**

Advertisement

Last edited by Manna00; 09-08-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
rlsadc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When are you no longer liable?

i would say after the first or second wear. defiantely no more than about a week after the dipe has arrived. i know that its sometimes hard to determine if a diaper wicks, especially if you have a large rotation, but theres gotta be a reasonable line somewhere.

it could be wicking because of her wash routine. theres no way to know what is causing the wicking. 2 months is a ridiculous amount of time IMO. i would suggest that she strip the dipe and go from there. but i definately think its out of your hands now.

rlsadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

I'd think that because you aren't the maker of the diaper it wouldn't be your problem at all!! I don't get why someone would complain to the person that sold them something but that person isn't the maker so how is it their fault?? KWIM?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
twinsplus2more
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would say after the first or second wear too! They are buying used stuff...you can't guarentee how long it will last! I had a snap pop off a dipe about 2 weeks after buying it. I was a little sad but, really not the sellers fault.

And wicking could be a result of her washing rituals!
twinsplus2more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
Manna00
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Good points. I went ahead and PM'd the mama back with some possible reasons for the wicking... (fit, super soaker, washing routine or hard water) but I almost get a feeling she was looking more for a partial refund... (she never said that.. but I did get the all famous "just so you know" at the end of the PM). I'm ALL for customer satisfaction... but a lot could happen to a diaper in two months. I know sometimes mamas buy diapers a size up and can't use them for a while--which is why I even asked the question.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

2 months is way to long, i would give it a week of wearing, try it out 2-3 times, i wash every few days and a week would give me at least 2 wears form the new diaper, that is long enough to relaise somethign is up.
as for those who don't thnk it's your problem since your not the maker, you can actually end up refunding someone who has a problem with a diaper you sell. this is why it's important to list if you've had ANY wicking issues with a diaper at all. diapers will not work the same for everyone, so it might be good on your baby and not the right fit for the next baby, if it's a fit issue you can just resell to someone else but be honest about any problems you have had with it.
manna, you don't owe this buyer anything, thats way too long to barely come and say something, you are not offering a warranty with a used diaper
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
2 months is way to long, i would give it a week of wearing, try it out 2-3 times, i wash every few days and a week would give me at least 2 wears form the new diaper, that is long enough to relaise somethign is up.
as for those who don't thnk it's your problem since your not the maker, you can actually end up refunding someone who has a problem with a diaper you sell. this is why it's important to list if you've had ANY wicking issues with a diaper at all. diapers will not work the same for everyone, so it might be good on your baby and not the right fit for the next baby, if it's a fit issue you can just resell to someone else but be honest about any problems you have had with it.
manna, you don't owe this buyer anything, thats way too long to barely come and say something, you are not offering a warranty with a used diaper
I said that assuming the seller was honest about the diaper, I'd never sell a diaper without disclosing all the facts... yeah there's no warranty when you buy a diaper used off of here! I just think sometimes people expect too much... I'm pretty laid back and think I have common sense (LOL) and my common sense would tell me it's been 2 months, that mama didn't make this diaper and it was used and hey I got a deal on it!! maybe I can figure out what the problemo is.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #8
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I don't think a seller is ever responsible for wicking. There are too many different variables that can cause wicking. Most often it is simply not enough absorbancy.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I don't think a seller is ever responsible for wicking. There are too many different variables that can cause wicking. Most often it is simply not enough absorbancy.
ITA - every diaper works different for every baby.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #10
Manna00
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the input. Yep.. the diaper never wicked me for.. but like I said.. I know fit, wash routine and absorbancy are big variables with wicking.

We'll see what comes of it!