Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone make/have a pattern for Miracle Blanket-like Swaddler?

I really like the MB, as it's the only swaddler DD can't completely break free from, but she IS too long for the bottom part of it. DD can't sleep unswaddled still, so I need something that can be made a little longer to accommodate for her length.

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
littlemsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone make/have a pattern for Miracle Blanket-like Swaddler?

We have to use a swaddle me blanket for DS but he gets out of it all of the time... So I will be watching for other people's answers
littlemsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #3
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

I haven't seen these. Maybe if you have one you can figure it out from that? Then you can adjust it to the size you need.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
AndyZohner
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just finished two of these for my sister in law and realized that you ladies might like to see how to do it. This is based on the Miracle blanket, but since I didn't actually have a Miracle blanket in my possession, I used measurements from the Internet to design it. I've had it tested by a friend and she loved it enough to ask for another as a back up.

It takes 24" of stretchy knit fabric and takes me a total of 20 minutes to put together with my serger and sewing machine. That's 20 minutes from pulling the fabric out of the stash to folding the blanket into the gift basket.

Enjoy! Post pics if you make one!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4991150...57624537889292
AndyZohner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #5
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

how totally adorable! thank you for sharing!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just tried the tutorial that the PP shared and it's good, but if you have a wiggler, I'd suggest a woven fabric instead of a knit. I did it with a knit and tried it out with my 3.5 month old and he had an arm out before I could finish wrapping him up. The knit is just WAY too stretchy for us. If I try it again, I'll use something with very little or no stretch. Right now we're using a big single layer muslin blanket that I made and he can even wiggle out of that, but it takes him longer than anything else.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
AndyZohner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckergirl View Post
I just tried the tutorial that the PP shared and it's good, but if you have a wiggler, I'd suggest a woven fabric instead of a knit. I did it with a knit and tried it out with my 3.5 month old and he had an arm out before I could finish wrapping him up. The knit is just WAY too stretchy for us. If I try it again, I'll use something with very little or no stretch. Right now we're using a big single layer muslin blanket that I made and he can even wiggle out of that, but it takes him longer than anything else.
Sooooo, I'm thinking the inner arm wraps are a little too stretchy for determined wigglers, so I changed the direction of the stretch in the tutorial. The stretch now should go across the 8" width instead of down the 12" length. This should help contain those little wigglers better.

Also, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use this tutorial with a woven. Especially a muslin or crinkle gauze. It'd be like an Aden + Anais swaddling blanket that's easier to wrap.

Last edited by AndyZohner; 08-06-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Added the woven detail.
AndyZohner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #8
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyZohner View Post
Sooooo, I'm thinking the inner arm wraps are a little too stretchy for determined wigglers, so I changed the direction of the stretch in the tutorial. The stretch now should go across the 8" width instead of down the 12" length. This should help contain those little wigglers better.

Also, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use this tutorial with a woven. Especially a muslin or crinkle gauze. It'd be like an Aden + Anais swaddling blanket that's easier to wrap.
That's pretty much what I did! I used the rest of my muslin and just adjusted the measurements on the tutorial to fit my baby better. I ended up having to add to the pocket to get it to come up further on his body because he managed to kick his legs out. Seriously, this kid is a houdini!! So I think next time I'll tweak the order of how I sew things down and put the small arm flaps inside the pocket so I can have it come up higher.