Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #11
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need help with diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedangels View Post
do daisy doodles work well? i've heard some not so good things about them leaking and stuff. As for diapertraders...i can't get on there. I was told by whoever over there they were gonna reset my password but i've never heard anything else about it
how much do they come to with 30% off? are they shipping directly to the buyer or will we pay shipping twice? thanks for your help!
Sounds like you may have another route already, but to answer your questions.

Our DD work awesome! I even use sometimes overnight w/ a doubler, which may or may not be necessicary. They don't fit my dd w/ who has a huge belly and teeny legs. My average and large legged kiddos have never had a leak in these. I only use the hemp soakers (not microfiber). Not sure what size your dd is but my 4 yr old wears the XL:

Solid AIO w/ side snap closure, lay-in or snap-in hemp or microfiber soaker | Your choice of solid outer, White Suedecloth Inner
Lg $17.95 30% ($5.39) = $12.56
XL $18.95 30% ($5.67)= $13.28

Extra Soakers: Any size hemp or microfiber topped w/ white suedecloth
$4.95 30% ($1.49) = $3.46

And yes, it took me a few trys to get the password...worked out on DT, but well worth it. They have lots of great coops.

Technically you pay shipping twice, but I find it to usually end up less than original shipping from the online store. It's only 7% of your order total for ship to the coop leader (last time some of that was even refunded) and then you choose your shipping route to you. It was very reasonable, for new diapers. You could always look on FSOT too.

Hope you find something that works for you!

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 AM   #12
Tiredmama
Registered Users
seller

If you have a serger or sewing machine you could make your prefolds into fitteds. I have at times cut the sides of a prefold into the shape of a fitted and sewed homemade bias tape over the edge. I then added metal snaps (don't need a snap press for these) DH put them on with a pliers. These were super cheap and they work quite nicely. I only needed to buy the snaps which were only a few dollars at Walmart. You could add velcro and that would probably be even easier.

Malissa
Tiredmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #13
cajsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What about trifolding the prefolds into wraps? Just get a few more velcro covers if you need too. My DD is just a bit younger than your DD and we use this method alot. It's easy to take off for quick potty access too
Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #14
sisterof10
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredmama View Post
If you have a serger or sewing machine you could make your prefolds into fitteds. I have at times cut the sides of a prefold into the shape of a fitted and sewed homemade bias tape over the edge. I then added metal snaps (don't need a snap press for these) DH put them on with a pliers. These were super cheap and they work quite nicely. I only needed to buy the snaps which were only a few dollars at Walmart. You could add velcro and that would probably be even easier.

Malissa
sisterof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #15
funkymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajsmommy View Post
What about trifolding the prefolds into wraps? Just get a few more velcro covers if you need too. My DD is just a bit younger than your DD and we use this method alot. It's easy to take off for quick potty access too
Yeah, I'd probably do this, too. You could probably get some cheap wraps off FSOT to get you through.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd doesn't like the tri-folding. Its just too bulky between her skinny little legs. I think i found some good cheap fitteds from a mama so i may just go that route. Use my pfs at home and the fitteds for on the go and times when she is just being too wiggly! thanks!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote