Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:
I was in a car accident---*updated again*

So about a 1/2 hr ago i was in a car accident. Our car and 3 other cars were at the light not even 1/2 mi from our house and we have a manual and we hit the car in front of us and the car behind us hit us and then the guy in front of us hit someone infront of them. Only 1 car had scratches. We had DD in the back who screamed when i did. We were all buckled up.

So i dont know if i should go to ER and be checked out- cause right now my chest hurts from the seatbelt and my tummy hurts from im not sure nerves or what. I called the OB and im waiting on a call back.

ON top of this- My DHs license EXPIRED in may and he avoided going and renewing it- so he got cited for that- so now we will have that bill to pay im sure.

Prayers please everythings ok

Jen

UPDATE: Dr. called back and wants me to go to ER and get checked out and get a blood test to make sure theres not a hole in the placenta (cause that apparently can happen if youre in a accident) so im on my way to the ER and ill update when i get back.

UPDATE: I went to ER/L&D-- got there around 6ish. They drew my blood to see if i was showin any signs of the start of a abruption, which i had no idea a blood test could tell-- so anyway- they said i could be there 1.5hrs to 4hrs. So i got comfy- sent DH and DD home and said id call em. I called my dad to tell him what was up and then waited. BP and Lana's HB was good. No contractions, cramps yes, but not consistant. Then at 7:30ish the new nurse (cause they have shifts 7-7) came in and said i could go home- all looked well and that OB wanted me to come in this week and be checked again. Said to take tylenol for my chest hurting though. Im home now and all is well- except my chest- it hurts. Thanks for the prayers...

oh yeah and out of 25w- ive only had 2 ER trips Not bad considering my last pregnancies i had more by now.

jen

Advertisement

Last edited by Birdof1985; 09-09-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: I was in a car accident---

I would go in just to be sure. I got into a car accident when I was 4 months pregnant with my DS #1, and I went in just to be sure. Everything turned out being okay, but just the fact that I knew, made me feel better. Plus I got to find out the gender!

I am just glad everybody is okay!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

do i go to normal ER (theyll send me to L&D i know) and tell them what happend and theyll look me over??

I have never been in a car accident and been pregnant. Sorry if im asking dumb questions.

OH-- i did look DD over and she seems fine, acting fine too- should i call her Doc tomorrow and get her in to be checked as well? shes 15m old.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
LaQuetta
Registered Users

My Mood:

I recommend that everyone go to the ER and be checked out. Even though everything may feel fine today tomorrow you maight wake up and have alot of things hurting. Don't worry about the ER bill, what insurance won't pay they will let you make payments on.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #5
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

Call your OB/midwife. Odds are they will say go to the ER. So, go to the ER.

It's always better to be safe then sorry, right? It might be another bill, but your baby is worth it, and so are you mama
mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama! I hope everything ends up ok! I'd go just to be safe, and make sure the baby is alright. Many prayers for you, your baby and your LO mama
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i agree take everyone in your car in to be checked out i am so sorry you all got hit, and hope everything is ok.
my mil/and both sils got rear ended and no one felt pain much until 2 days passed, they ahd a hard time with the insurance who was trying to claim that was too long to start feeling pain
so just go to the er and get seen please
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #8
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I agree with pp's you should all be seen to make sure everythings okay and to help with possible ins. issues.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #9
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: I was in a car accident--- *update*

bump for update....

and i plan to call the family doc (cause we dont have a Pediatrician) tomorrow for DD.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I was in a car accident--- *update*

I would also recommend you take everyone to see a chiropractor. I have a chiropractor who charges 15.00 for kids, after an initial exam visit. But he waived the "exam" fee for some of my kids. I think after accidents, a chiro is a really great idea. So glad you are all ok!