Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2007, 08:02 AM   #1
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question How to store cooked dry beans?

How should i freeze these? Like black beans for example. My dh LOVES mexican pizza and i use black beans on them. I buy canned ones alot cause its the perfect size. Half the can goes on the pizza...the other half for another pizza or for beans and rice or burritos or whatever.....but i would like to cook abunch of beans at once and freeze. How do i freeze them? Can i cook them...let them cool down and then separate into individual freezer bags? Or freezer safe containers? Thanks!!

Advertisement

redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to store cooked dry beans?

Yeah once they are cooked you can def freeze them. I would use containers instead of bags just in they come open before they are frozen all the way.

I would love the Mexican pizza recipe.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #3
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hancj View Post
Yeah once they are cooked you can def freeze them. I would use containers instead of bags just in they come open before they are frozen all the way.

I would love the Mexican pizza recipe.

this is how i make it:

*buy the .30 crusts by jiffy or whatever brand...mix and spread that out as directed on pkg. I make them on those round stone pans...can't think of what they're called LOL!

*first i spread refried beans across the dough (about 1/2 a can)

*then i put about 1/2 a cans worth of black beans and frozen corn mixture on top the refried beans

*then i put on the veggies...what i use is sliced green peppers, sliced onions and sliced up tomatoes.

*Next i sprinkle a TINY bit of mozz. cheese (my dh doesn't really like dairy so i only use a little but you could use more)

*bake on BOTTOM rack of oven for 12min or so. The directions on the pizza crust should tell you this info.

*after its done my dh likes to put shredded lettuce over it all and crunched up tortilla chips. And he puts some taco sauce over his as well.

I really don't eat it cause i don't like refried beans or black beans but my dh gobbles up fast and just LOVES it! It does smell super yummy coming out of the oven with the peppers and onions cooking on it!!

i'm actually making this tonight for him and regular homemade pizzas for the kids so i'll take a pic of it if ya want!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Oh that sounds like a neat variation on pizza! We've been making our own pizza crusts [personal size] and parbaking/freezing them. That way we all get what we want

Beans should freeze just fine, they may be a bit mushier once thawed though...
MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote