Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #31
dirtdartwife's Avatar
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Happy Republican
Posts: 7,141
My Mood:
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl View Post
Me either since the only unhappy women I've seen around here lately are the ones still having to deal with pop-ups, virus', and lack of response from Admins. I'm not sure what they consider spam around here, but if they consider links to feedback and co-ops spam, then plenty of people are breaking the rules.
I was just about to post something similar to this. Thanks for beating me to it!

Advertisement

__________________
I have not been on much in the past few months, please be patient with me returning PM's.
dirtdartwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #32
gigglegirl's Avatar
gigglegirl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KC, Missouri
Posts: 319
My Mood:
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
I was just about to post something similar to this. Thanks for beating me to it!
Happy to oblige, Mama.
__________________
~Marla, Wife to Jack, SAHM to Ainsleigh (2/07), and Dogmom to Four Flying Monkeys!

Feedback on Diaper Traders, eBay, and TBW


gigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:00 AM   #33
Lee's Avatar
Lee
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,577
My Mood:
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl View Post
There is something seriously wrong with this picture. What's next? Banning anyone that is a user in DIAPER TRADER(S)?
Ummm, no. as explained this was in response to SPAMMERS, not a sweet mama members. Also, I am reconsidering this decision and will keep you all updated.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:12 AM   #34
EvansMomma's Avatar
EvansMomma
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,205
My Mood:
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Ummm, no. as explained this was in response to SPAMMERS, not a sweet mama members. Also, I am reconsidering this decision and will keep you all updated.
Yes it would be a great idea to rethink this one a little.
I've never gotten too concerned with any of the DT vs DS drama, but this is RIDICULOUS!! I'm a grown woman. You, presumably, are a grown man. I think we can all agree that we're capable of deciding who we want to talk to, support, or recommend to other people. If YOU the admin team, have issues with DT, then you all work it out on your own. Leave ME out of it.
__________________
~Nadine....Proud mama to Evan (1.22.06) and Abigail (8.2.08) Happy wife to Ray (married 5.28.05)~
Got our BFP on Dec 7th...due Aug.2nd!!
EvansMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:35 AM   #35
dirtdartwife's Avatar
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Happy Republican
Posts: 7,141
My Mood:
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Ummm, no. as explained this was in response to SPAMMERS, not a sweet mama members. Also, I am reconsidering this decision and will keep you all updated.
Thanks!!! Not all of us are caught up or caught in the DT vs DS drama and I can only speak for myself on this... but I do like having more than one place to go (where I fit in) that has a b/s/t board and co-ops. And for me, DT is it.
__________________
I have not been on much in the past few months, please be patient with me returning PM's.
dirtdartwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:07 AM   #36
GraemesMomma's Avatar
GraemesMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,495
My Mood:
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

(pm'd this to Lee, just to make sure I am communicating directly -- but wanted to post here as well...)

I am not a part of the drama b/tw DT and DS, though I am a member of both boards.

But I wanted to say that it really bothers me that the administration here would decide to so blatantly assert themselves into what I see as part of our "freedom of speech" rights on the board here. I realize there is a need for guidelines on boards like this, and I support that.

However, the reason for doing so "spamming" doesn't quite add up. There's plenty of mamas who "spam" other boards, companies, products, etc. on this board. I think you either need to eliminate *all* links to other companies, boards, products, etc. in someone's siggy, OR don't pick and choose -- that's jut not right.

If you had a problem with specific members spamming, I would think you would simply address those members and remove them if what you requested did not happen.

Is this a democratic-sort of board or an autocracy? Who's "the boss", so to speak? Perhaps I am way-off in thinking this, but I figured an online board is kind of "run by the majority" kind of thing, and I would think the majority would prefer to have reasonable freedom of speech -- including freedom to link to whatever board we want, unless the board is, for example, a ****ographic board or other obviously non-family-friendly place.

Thank you for reading, and please re-consider your decision to ban DT links.

Amanda
__________________
Amanda, proud wife to my Marine, mama to Graeme 03/07 and Cole 11/08 and Ciara 1/11
GraemesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 AM   #37
mhaddon's Avatar
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 13,479
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

Umm... I had a link to the DT PF coop, is that considered spam? If so I'm guilty- I never knew of a "rule" against. IMO I was helping out some mom's that may have missed the last one here... They have more coops, it's not my fault that I want to save $ and help others. This is so stupid & childish
__________________
Melissa, mama to 4
Yummy yarn FS! PL HUGE Destash
PM me about YYMN spots!
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #38
gigglegirl's Avatar
gigglegirl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KC, Missouri
Posts: 319
My Mood:
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraemesMomma View Post
(pm'd this to Lee, just to make sure I am communicating directly -- but wanted to post here as well...)

I am not a part of the drama b/tw DT and DS, though I am a member of both boards.

But I wanted to say that it really bothers me that the administration here would decide to so blatantly assert themselves into what I see as part of our "freedom of speech" rights on the board here. I realize there is a need for guidelines on boards like this, and I support that.

However, the reason for doing so "spamming" doesn't quite add up. There's plenty of mamas who "spam" other boards, companies, products, etc. on this board. I think you either need to eliminate *all* links to other companies, boards, products, etc. in someone's siggy, OR don't pick and choose -- that's jut not right.

If you had a problem with specific members spamming, I would think you would simply address those members and remove them if what you requested did not happen.

Is this a democratic-sort of board or an autocracy? Who's "the boss", so to speak? Perhaps I am way-off in thinking this, but I figured an online board is kind of "run by the majority" kind of thing, and I would think the majority would prefer to have reasonable freedom of speech -- including freedom to link to whatever board we want, unless the board is, for example, a ****ographic board or other obviously non-family-friendly place.

Thank you for reading, and please re-consider your decision to ban DT links.

Amanda
Well stated and my sentiments exactly.
__________________
~Marla, Wife to Jack, SAHM to Ainsleigh (2/07), and Dogmom to Four Flying Monkeys!

Feedback on Diaper Traders, eBay, and TBW


gigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:40 AM   #39
GraemesMomma's Avatar
GraemesMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,495
My Mood:
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
I had a link to the DT PF coop, is that considered spam? If so I'm guilty- I never knew of a "rule" against. IMO I was helping out some mom's that may have missed the last one here... They have more coops...
Yes, I have been posting links to co-ops as well. I do it to help mamas out, also. What's the difference b/tw that and posting links to Yahoo group co-ops or MDC or TBW co-ops?
__________________
Amanda, proud wife to my Marine, mama to Graeme 03/07 and Cole 11/08 and Ciara 1/11
GraemesMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #40
gigglegirl's Avatar
gigglegirl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KC, Missouri
Posts: 319
My Mood:
Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Ummm, no. as explained this was in response to SPAMMERS, not a sweet mama members. Also, I am reconsidering this decision and will keep you all updated.
While I'm still not buying the whole spam argument; as someone pointed out it's much easier to deal on a member-by-member basis; I appreciate that you are rethinking this decision.
__________________
~Marla, Wife to Jack, SAHM to Ainsleigh (2/07), and Dogmom to Four Flying Monkeys!

Feedback on Diaper Traders, eBay, and TBW



Last edited by gigglegirl; 09-12-2007 at 07:47 AM.
gigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.