Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 PM   #11
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HEARTBURN!!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I just wish I could figure out if there is anything in particular that is triggering it. I'm fine one day and just miserable the next. Guess I'm going to have to write down everything I'm eating and hopefully I can figure out if it's something specific triggering it.

Advertisement

cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #12
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoster2000
Jemgirl, what other symptoms did you have with your gallbladder? Did it get better after pregnancy? (I guess not if you had it removed!) I talked to my MW about halfway through my second tri because I was still having severe all day morning sickness and she said that it was probably my gallbladder and to cut out meats and greasy foods. Now, I'm hardly able to keep down anything, throwing up all the time, massive heartburn and reflux no matter what I eat, and I'm just wondering. I'm also having some PIH/toxemia/preeclampsia stuff and I read somewhere that nausea and indigestion can be related to that. I'm just wondering if this is going to get better when the baby (finally!!!) comes or what. THanks!
I know you weren't asking me but I'll give you my about lovely gallbladder issues. It's how I found out I was pregnant with #2.
I was waking up at night with SEVERE back stabbing pain. It was sooo bad one night the next day I went to the dr. and he had me set up a ultrasound appt. and there was baby #2 along with gallstones. I was absolutely miserable the first two trimesters. They had me try as many different meds. as they could think of but finally had to remove it after I hit the second trimester. All I can remember is it mostly hit late at night while I was sleeping. TERRIBLE pain and then I would throw up and everything was fine. It was very odd.
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #13
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm reading this book called The Ph Miracle that explains the inbalance of acid and alkaline in the body from diet causes most diseases. Everything you eat tells your stomach to make a lot or a little bit of acid for digestion. Alkaline foods don't require much stomach acid to be digested. Heartburn in pregnancy is from the baby pushing on the stomach, but eating foods that don't require lots of stomach acid will help prevent it. Aloe vera, for example, is very alkaline, which needs very little acid to be digested, and will balance out an acidic stomach. Kelp is super alkaline, as well as almonds, and all non starchy veggies, expecially raw. You can google acid/alkaline food charts. Gallbladder and pancreas problems are directly related to highly acidic foods. Oh yeah, and digestive enzymes will help...you can get those papaya enzyme capsules. Chewing really well and not drinking while eating will help, too. Avoiding spicy and oily food and eating more raw foods is always a plus. Hope it gets better for ya!

Last edited by MamaLove; 07-18-2006 at 08:03 PM.
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote