Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
funkymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ever feel penny-wise & pound-foolish?

There are times when I get so caught up in being thrifty & saving every penny that I feel like I may be overlooking the big picture. I know those pennies add up, but then I look at the interest we're paying on our CCs! Makes me rethink priorities and how to best work smarter, not harder. KWIM??

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
MelanieCookie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ever feel penny-wise & pound-foolish?

I do know what you mean. We don't do credit cards, but I try to focus on being wise in all areas. I also try no to be too extreme about being frugal...I allow myself to splurge every now and again. Honestly, I think you never stop learning when you live a frugal lifestyle and there's always new ways to discover how to save money. It's just nice to be around a bunch of women who don't think I'm crazy for doing some of the stuff we do.
MelanieCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #3
funkymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ever feel penny-wise & pound-foolish?

Yeah, I wish we didn't have the credit cards. I was foolish and used it to finance a home-based business, and for expenses when $$ was and things we knew were coming up but didn't save for. grr!

Hmm ... if we didn't have the credit card debt ... DH & I wouldn't have just gotten into another fight about money. I watch every dollar and want to plan, and he just goes with the flow. I don't know how to illlustrate that if we plan for our $$, then we wouldn't feel so pigeon-holed.

You're right, it is good to allow yourself an occassional splurge. I'm looking forward to my splurge, a real hair cut next Tuesday. Haven't had one since February!