Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
fr00tijen
Registered
seller

Monkey Butt Soap Bits/Cloth Wipes Solution! 15% off sale, free sample of Baby Baff.

Kim's Monkey Butt Soap Bits.

SALE HAS ENDED, BUT DIAPER SWAPPERS MAIN TITLE IS STUCK AND RARELY ALLOWS ME TO CHANGE THE TITLE THREAD. I WILL BE CREATING A NEW THREAD SOON, TO AVOID THIS PROBLEM!
Get a free sample of my Baby Baff Bars with any order over $10.00! While supplies last!

I made, tested, and perfected a soap bits recipe to fit my son's Cloth Diapering needs-he has extremely sensitive skin. I finally created a soap bits recipe that is great for sensitive skin. You can get many water bottle refills out of just one cube and make it stretch for over a few days. I have been testing these for almost a year with the members over at Live Journal's Cloth Diapering community, with rave reviews and many returning customers. They have become quite popular, and many of mommas have been getting addicted to these, so I thought that I would share them with mommas here as well.

My scented bits are VERY light in fragrance, and your wipes if kept constantly saturated in a wipes bag, they will not get moldy over a period of time. I keep my wipes wet in my wetbags at all times and have never had a smell or mold problem with them.

Price and Quantity
I can do bags in 3 different sizes:
Large bags are $11.00 (100 soap bits) and shipping for that size anywhere in the US is $2.65, each add-on bag is $0.50 in this size.
Medium Bags are $6.50 (50 soap bits) and shipping for that size anywhere in the US is $2.35, each add-on bag is $0.40
Mini Bags are $4.00 (20 soap bits) and shipping for that size anywhere in the US is $2.00 (for now, but it might go up just a bit). Multiple mini bags do get a small discount! Each add on bag is $0.25 each
I will ship overseas, and pack it accordingly to protect soap, but you must contact me for a price quote on shipping. I have shipped as far as Iceland, Korea and Japan. Contact me for details. I am happy to ship to APO/PO addresses for military families as well!

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive of my soap bits venture! My customers are amazing and so supportive. I started making soap bits in 2006and tested and tweaked them until 2007 and went officially on-line in 2008. Next on my soap list is soap concentrate, and I have new packaging coming soon (Phthalate Free Jars), so stay tuned for that! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I am also making Baby Baff Bars, gentle enough for the newest of newborns, great for the whole body, tear/sting free and no chemicals, SLS and Phthalate Free! I am also working on a Diaper Salve, so stay tuned for that.

Scents that I carry.
Floral Tea (Available)
Citrus Medley (ESSENTIAL OIL, Available)
Watermelon (Available)
Warm Brown Sugar OUT, will be back soon.
Cucumber Melon (Available)
Baby Powder (New and Improved, Available)
Strawberry Breeze (OUT of stock, will stock again)
Peach (out of stock)
Tangerine (ESSENTIAL OIL) (out of stock)
Peppermint Hot Cocoa (OUT, might be back in December).
Lavender (ESSENTIAL OIL, OUT of Stock).
Pumpkin Spice (Available)
Candied Peach (Available)
Monkey Farts (Available, running low)
Pink Sugar (Available)
Peppermint Twist (Available)
Baby Clean (Available and this is the new and improved Baby Clean with a dash more of Vanilla to the scent).
Australian Bamboo Grass (out of stock will be back for spring)
Hawaiin Ginger (Available)
Berry Bewitching Brew (Available)
Strawberry Tangerine (Available)
Bamboo Hemp (out, will be back)
Pina Colada (Available)
Tropical Blast (available)
Bubble Lucious (Available)
Vanilla Bean (coming soon)
Vanilla Tarte (Available)
Banana Creme Pie (Available)
Awapuhi Seaberry (Available)
Loving Spell (Coming Soon)
Berry Kisses and known as Lick Me Allover (Available) I changed the name for kiddos!

About my soap bits:
My soap bits are Vegan and 98%-100% Natural. Made with Cosmetic grade dyes (small amounts), high grade vegetable soaps and oils/essential oils, and fragrances are alcohol free. Soap and Fragrances are Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, and Pthalate free. Absolutely no Shea soap or butter mixed in with soap. I avoid it, to avoid allergies with my customers. Soap Bits that are made with no dyes and or Essential Oils will be stated on their selling information page. I designed this soap for babies with sensitive skin and Excema. My son was my inspiration for the soap. I had tried many soaps and wipes solutions on him and never found one that worked the way I wanted it to. I researched Soap, oils and everything involved and I worked for about 1 and 1/2 years on the perfecting the recipe. I created my Soap Bits back in 2007 and went officially on-line with them in 2008. I infuse my own Calendula oil which has many healing properties and it is put into every batch of soap that I make. Calendula is a natural preservative, Anti-Microbial and Anti-Fungal. No Tea Tree Oil in my soap bits.

Another fun thing you can do with my soap bits, is add 4-5 cubes in a Foam Pump and let it set (hot water will melt the soap faster and melting completely in a foam pump is recommended). The foaming kind of pumps will create a nice foam for your wipes, or to just use in the kitchen, bathroom, or on babies skin!

Bits look like this!

I also sell bags of my Soap Bits here, but right now store is closed:
http://hyenacart.com/smartypants/index.php?c=0&p=30522

Limited Wholesale is available. Contact me for details.

SUMMERTIME SOAP POLICY Effective June 09!
SUMMERTIME SOAP POLICY Effective June 09!
Please also be aware that Summertime is a time of hotter months and due to this fact, you are taking a chance with ordering the soap and it possibly melting due to higher temperatures in some states. This has not happened often, but I have had 1-2 instances where it has happened depending on which hot state you live. You can still use the soap even after it has melted, but please be reminded that USPS does leave packages out in the heat all of the time. For this I am not responsible. I am not responsible for them melting in transit but would be happy to work something out with you if this does happen. If there is a problem with the soap once you get it, please let me know immediately. You have up to a week after delivery to contact me. DO NOT LEAVE SOAP IN HOT CAR ONCE YOU GET YOUR MAIL! I will not issue a refund without the product being sent to me and pictures of ruined product help me out tremendously. I am willing to work out something with my customers always if there is ever a problem so do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	soapbitmedley.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	22125  

Advertisement

http://hyenacart.com/MonkeyButtDesigns/

Last edited by fr00tijen; 04-06-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Spring sale! Samples
fr00tijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
fr00tijen
Registered
seller

Re: FS: My home-made Soap Bits for Cloth Wipes Solution!

Kim's Tutorial to her Soap Bits for your cloth wipes.

I have many mommas who buy them from me and I always get asked how to use them. Here is a tutorial.
Yes, this is kind of long, and for that I apologize!

Instructions on how to use my soap bits.
Add 1-2 Soap bits to a peri/squirt or pop top bottle of water (you can use distilled water too) and swish for the slow dissolve method. It will take 2-3 days for your soap to dissolve using the slow dissolve method. I use two different types of bottles for my wipes solution storage. I use the Hospital given Peri Bottles for home, and two pop top squirt bottles from PVS (Ponte Vedra Soap) soap for travel. If you don't like letting your soap slowly dissolve and like the hot water or microwave melt method, add your desired amount of cubes (1 does the trick but feel free to use 2) in 12 oz of water and melt in a mircrowaveable measuring cup for about 30 seconds and swish. Please add some cool water to cool off solution and add it to your squirt bottle. Saturate your wipes and place them in a wetbag and in your wipes warmer if you have one. I infuse my own Calendula oil which is used as a Preservative and Anti-Fungal/Anti-bacterial so your soap bits will last a long time with proper storage. I keep mine in a ziploc bag or in medium sized cork top Spice bottles.

You can get some cheapy bottles from Wal mart in the travel size department to hold your mixture in. I always keep my wipes saturated in a wetbag and I carry a small bag of bits with me when I am out, and my bottle of made up solution wherever I go. I get large bottles from PVS soap, and these are awesome for traveling. I carry one mixed bottle with me at all times, and I have 2 peri bottles placed in various spots in the house and use the two pop top bottles for traveling. .

Also, always rotate your oldest wipes to the top of the pack and put the new ones on the bottom. I never get a smell, mold, or slime problem with my saturated wipes and solution because of the Calendula oil in them. If you use a wipes warmer, I recommned using one with a flat bottom as opposed to one with grooves. Also please be aware that newer styles of wipes warmer run really hot and might cook out the scent of your soap. You certainly don't have to saturate your wipes when you travel. You can carry dry wipes, and your bottle of mixed up solution and saturate your wipes as you clean your baby's bum.

You can also get some plastic and glass bottles for storage really cheap here:
http://www.specialtybottle.com/

http://www.bottlesandfoamers.com/car...p-set-c-1.html

Last edited by fr00tijen; 01-21-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
fr00tijen
Registered
seller

Old 09-14-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
fr00tijen
Registered
seller

Out of Peach bits for now. Will make a new batch this week!
Old 09-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #5
fr00tijen
Registered
seller

Daily
Old 09-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
fr00tijen
Registered
seller

Daily
Old 09-17-2007, 11:17 PM   #7
fr00tijen
Registered
seller

Daily
1 bag of Baby Powder pending. 2 bags left.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
madebytrudi
Registered Users

My Mood:

seeing this post for the first time . . . GREAT IDEA!!! I'm a natural momma & love your ingredients . . . . I would definately like to see something with calendula. . . .. I'll have to get some when I get $$ . . . . . .
homeschooling mum (d15, d13, d11, s8, s6) Surprise #6 due Aug 13!
Navy vet and wife to a ret. MARINE
Lend Me Your Pen: my kids's homeschooling Magazine project
madebytrudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #9
fr00tijen
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebytrudi View Post
seeing this post for the first time . . . GREAT IDEA!!! I'm a natural momma & love your ingredients . . . . I would definately like to see something with calendula. . . .. I'll have to get some when I get $$ . . . . . .
Thanks momma! I am going to be getting Calendula in the coming months. They are really awesome soap bits. I love using them on my son, especially with his sensitive skin. Definitely PM me when you are ready for a bag. If I don't have it in stock, I will make a new batch.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:49 AM   #10
ttmontes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Got my bits today havent tried them but I must say Oh my Heavens my mailbox smelled so darn good of peaches. I cant wait to try this my dd will have a peachy heiny !!
ttmontes is offline   Reply With Quote