Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 AM   #1
mommylamb
Registered Users

My Mood:
Waddling

When walking into school this morning (no school has not started yet so I'm not typing this with students a fellow teacher commented, " Gee you can officially say that your waddling now."
Gee, thanks, I knew that already but you REALLY didn't have to point that out to me. Yes I know I'm getting big and waddle. I'm sure she waddled at some point with her three kids. GRRRR.

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
tommysmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Waddling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
When walking into school this morning (no school has not started yet so I'm not typing this with students a fellow teacher commented, " Gee you can officially say that your waddling now."
Gee, thanks, I knew that already but you REALLY didn't have to point that out to me. Yes I know I'm getting big and waddle. I'm sure she waddled at some point with her three kids. GRRRR.
Yeah. I know what you mean. We are due on 22 September, and at my doc appt on Monday morning, he notices to me that the baby is dropped very far (at a 0 station) and that some people have trouble walking at that point. His exact words are "Are you having any trouble walking with that kid's head down there so low? Some women do the waddling thing."

You'd think I'd notice if I was having trouble, but I haven't been walking normally since I was 6 months, and this is my third birth! LOL! And HE'S the DOCTOR! Duh.
tommysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
sharleen (DCDiapers)
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im a waddler too now lol. Don't worry about it, people sometimes just say things with out thinking about it first.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hay, i waddle too, and i walk SLOW I create so many traffic jams in the grocery store. I cant wait for someone to say something though I dont think id be very nice
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh...some people need to think before they speak! You dont wanna mess w/a pg woman w/crazy hormones The way i was with dd in my 3rd trimester, I would've prob started bawling LOL

HUGS momma~next time that teacher gets pg I guarentee she'll waddle worse than you LOL
Old 09-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
Phooey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was 9 months pregnant and still teaching, the kindergarten teacher who was walking her class down the hallway and stopped them to announce, "Look at Mrs. Coe waddling like a purple penguin." They were studying the letter P that day and I was wearing purple....

I went into my office and cried. Then went into labor the next day.

Phooey on penguins of any color
Kim, WIFE to an amazing hubby, MOM to Duncan (12 - early teenager syndrome), Jensen (10 - middle child syndrome), two angels, Rowan (3 - preschooler syndrome), and Kaylen Grace (born 10/29/10 - Down syndrome).
Phooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacke View Post
Hay, i waddle too, and i walk SLOW I create so many traffic jams in the grocery store. I cant wait for someone to say something though I dont think id be very nice
dh is always waiting on me b/c im always slooooowly dragging along LOL but its hard when your tired and pg.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #8
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooey View Post
When I was 9 months pregnant and still teaching, the kindergarten teacher who was walking her class down the hallway and stopped them to announce, "Look at Mrs. Coe waddling like a purple penguin." They were studying the letter P that day and I was wearing purple....

I went into my office and cried. Then went into labor the next day.

Phooey on penguins of any color
Awwwwww! LOL
Old 09-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
mommylamb
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_mama06 View Post
Ugh...some people need to think before they speak! You dont wanna mess w/a pg woman w/crazy hormones The way i was with dd in my 3rd trimester, I would've prob started bawling LOL

HUGS momma~next time that teacher gets pg I guarentee she'll waddle worse than you LOL

Yeah except she's done having babies. Her youngest is in 3rd grade and her oldest should be a sophomore in college but he was in the bus accident in Atlanta last March and was killed. I was her substitute teacher then. So I give her the benifit of the doubt cause she's had a lot on her mind.