Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
onelil2lil3lilpiglets
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Red face College and Pregnancy....

Has anyone done it? I'm planning on going back to school next year (already accepted and everything!! going for a bach. in ecology and natural biology ) but that is the time frame of having the baby during my freshman year...has anyone gone through this? i mean i am willing to put off #4 till i'm graduated...but we wanted to keep em 1.5yrs or so apart....

ANYONE??

sorry about the double post!

Advertisement

onelil2lil3lilpiglets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:
Re: College and Pregnancy....

I have had all of mine while in college and technically I still am in college. So far I have received 2 degrees and a minor. it's possible. Online classes are awesome BTW.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
mommy020507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i went to college in 2001, then found out i was preg, still going to college until 2002, had my first baby.. stayed home for a year as no one can babysit my daughter. i dont have computer at that time. went back but got in bad car accident that i cant attend to classes with miriganes and back plm. in 2004 got preg with 2nd one and had baby in 2005. while that period, i was able to take online courses ever since with my 3rd preg

from 2005 to now i had been taking online coursses.. they are not that bad just had to fouce urself to study, read the book with out teacher being there. most of college do provide the classes on line. they arent tjhat bad

right now im taking 4 classes and nex semester 3, the 2 semeser later will be one then i graduae.

if u want to be in classes, most of teachers are very helpful working with u around the birth times they got a lot of preg. mothers

my keyboard are acting up and im NAKing
Old 09-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was in college while pregnant. I scheduled my fall classes (1st baby due middle of Oct too) so that they would all be on the same day. This helped since I was out of work that semester. I saved my two absences for after the baby was born and went to class while 4 centimeters dilated (I really really didn't want to get an absence while still technically pregnant). I was able to leave The Kid with a friend when I had to go back to skool and also had straight A's that Semester. It's doable but only if you have people around you that will help you care for your baby when you're in class and while doing homework.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #5
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
I was in college while pregnant. I scheduled my fall classes (1st baby due middle of Oct too) so that they would all be on the same day. This helped since I was out of work that semester. I saved my two absences for after the baby was born and went to class while 4 centimeters dilated (I really really didn't want to get an absence while still technically pregnant). I was able to leave The Kid with a friend when I had to go back to skool and also had straight A's that Semester. It's doable but only if you have people around you that will help you care for your baby when you're in class and while doing homework.

I minimized my schedule to where I am only at school 1 hour a day so I can work his feeding schedule around me being here. I'm 100% breastfeeder. I did it with my 3rd as well. I had class for 2 hours then a 2 hours break (her feeding time) and then another hour class. It is possible too to express milk or use formula...but just if you are like me it is possible to do that too...
Old 09-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #6
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a girl in one of my classes now who is due at the end of Dec. I haven't personally done college while pregnant.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
onelil2lil3lilpiglets
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnSAlger View Post
I minimized my schedule to where I am only at school 1 hour a day so I can work his feeding schedule around me being here. I'm 100% breastfeeder. I did it with my 3rd as well. I had class for 2 hours then a 2 hours break (her feeding time) and then another hour class. It is possible too to express milk or use formula...but just if you are like me it is possible to do that too...
see that's what i was thinking of trying to do...my dh is in school too so we will stagger our schedual...sounds like i should just get a stock up of ebm just in case....i was more worried about the whole giving birth and being stuck in the hospital and missing classes...i must be weird about it but usually i feel wonderful after giving birth, not bad, but they always insist on keeping me in there for 3 days!!
onelil2lil3lilpiglets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Found out I was prego while in college w/ DS1 and kept going. When I found out w/ DS2 I switched to an all distance education program and am still in school. So yes it is possible!
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelil2lil3lilpiglets View Post
see that's what i was thinking of trying to do...my dh is in school too so we will stagger our schedual...sounds like i should just get a stock up of ebm just in case....i was more worried about the whole giving birth and being stuck in the hospital and missing classes...i must be weird about it but usually i feel wonderful after giving birth, not bad, but they always insist on keeping me in there for 3 days!!
I would always have ebm or formula on hand. Not all women can express milk. staggering schedules is awesome. DH and I did it with #1 and #2... With #3 we had an in home sitter (friend of the fam). Talk with profs before enrolling, tell them you situation and although you may not make it to class for 3-4 weeks, you will keep in correspondance and turn work in from home etc...with dd#2, I was in hossy for 24 hours. You can tell them to release you and if not sign out AMA.