Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #11
wyandemma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Leave. Me. Alone!!!

Awwww! I've been thinking about you lately too.... I've been keeping an eye out for news... But, i agree it is really frustrating when you are "due" and all people say is have you had her yet? When i was pregnant w/ my son, I went up to my parents gym to grab something for my mom.... on my due date. This guy who always worked out there asked the second i was in the door if i was gonna have him yet... Ugh.. so irritating.. never mind the fact that he'd started asking almost 2 weeks before! (And, that was the day my hubby deployed to Iraq... i was enough of a mess that day, kwim?) Sometimes, i think that peoples concern and interest in it all can just get the better of their judgement... and all they know to do is, well, smother you... Good luck though in the coming days! Can't wait to hear the exciting news!!!

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #12
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

I was 11 days late with my youngest and I know what you are going through. I did not answer the phone or look at emails from people I knew were asking. They are excited of course and don't mean harm but they really just don't realize how much they are putting themselves in harms way by annoying us to no end when we are 40+ weeks preggo.

Hang in there.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:20 AM   #13
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HHHHHHHUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

BTDT like in December! People usually have good intentions but they seriously bug the crap out of me in situations like this.
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:33 AM   #14
jeannewojo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The EDD is really only a guess. Only goats (I think) have definite timing from conception to labor. You're not a goat... sooooo...

All my babies are overdue too, I just cook them that way. As this one has to be a c-section, I talked my OB into doing the surgery at 40w 3d rather than 39 weeks. I think my baby would be a preemie then! I am still concerned that the 40 week point is too early, but dh, md and mw all don't want me to go longer. (I also make them big and am not sewn up in the most desirable way - am 35 yo yada yada...) Oh, and my dr doesn't want to round on me at the hospital on Halloween as it is one of her fave holidays. At least she's honest!

Yeah, I'd turn the phones off, lights off, lock the door and tell dh that bugging me about things isn't going to get him luckier once the mood returns post partum, kwim!?!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:37 AM   #15
jeannewojo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiejake View Post
Now as far as your DH goes, tell him that unless he would like to have some internal parts on him stripped, he needs to back off and leave you alone!! I think that last week I was prego, my DH hid in the closet and didn't even try to talk to me!!
LMAO!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:49 AM   #16
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannewojo View Post
The EDD is really only a guess. Only goats (I think) have definite timing from conception to labor. You're not a goat... sooooo...
We breed fainting goats and even they don't have a definite timing.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #17
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If it makes you feel better-I had high blood pressure and very low amontic (sp?) fluid so I let the ob take me into an induction at 37.2 weeks 12 hours of pit and no epi is not my idea of fun

And when he was born the same ob said gee maybe he wasn't ready to come since he wasn't breathing 4 days in the nicu and $13,000 later we finally went home

So don't let anybody tell you what to do with your body-I now know that I could have done total bed rest or even hospitalization for fluids and made it all the way until 40 weeks or whenever he wanted to come
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #18
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannewojo View Post
The EDD is really only a guess.
Guess that's why they call it the ESTIMATED due date.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #19
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had dd at 6 days ovdrdue, and i was certain of my due date. right about 1 day overdue, my mom called and said, " I dont hear a baby crying" and i hung up on her. I then changed my voicemail too. I said " Hi youve reached the ______, No we have not had the baby yet, and if you are calling to check on that, i wont be calling you back, if you are calling because you want to be nice to me, leave a message and i will get back with you..."
Everyone who called thought i was being a B****. BUT i was so tired of the calls. I knew baby was going to be staying in, and i didnt mind. I was tired, but after being 3 cm and 80% effaced at 25 weeks, i was GLAD to see my due date. Plus dd was only 6 lbs 5 oz, so it wasnt .ike she was getting huge...

Try not to let them bother you. If you feel at peace with it all, then keep on doing what you are doing. my mom had all 3 of her babies at 42 weeks. And we are all fine. Try not to get worked up. And my MW told me, when i was about 5 days overdue, that no body ever died from terminal pregnancy. I figured i would be pregnant forever, and she assured me, that was not the case...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #20
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Keep up the good work, mama! You are being patient and waiting until your baby is ready. You are a first time mama right? On average, first time moms deliver at 41 weeks and 2 days. And this does take into account those that are induced, so most would be after this date. My son was born at 42 weeks and 2 days after an induction. I still am mad that I let him be born before he was ready as he had breathing problems at birth.

BTW - Next time I am lying to my family and friends about my EDD, so they will not bothering me when I am after my due date. That is the advice I give to all of my friends so they can gestate in peace (GIP).
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote