Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #71
Distinctive Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: shandyms
seller

My Mood:
Re: Unassisted birth

I am in awe of anyone who chooses to do UC, but it's just not for me.
I had severe postpartum hemmorage with my second, so after that near-death experience, I wouldn't consider anything but a hospital birth with my third.

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #72
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found this interesting information on homebirth and postpartum hemmorage. I'm actually adding to to my fave's!
Old 09-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #73
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I found this interesting information on homebirth and postpartum hemmorage. I'm actually adding to to my fave's!
Interesting...My mother-in-law had 7 children. The first four were born in the hospital and she had minor hemorrhaging every time. Then they decided to try having a homebirth and she was surprised to find that she did not have hardly any bleeding at all. She attributed this to the fact that the home birth doctor (this was the 70's) just sat and waited for her placenta no matter how long it took instead of tugging the cord and trying to force it like the hospital staff had in the past so the next two were born at home also. (She had baby number 7 unassisted as the doctor didn't make it there in time )
Old 09-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #74
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

My dh would have a heart attack at the thought of it, I on the other hand just like the reassurance of those trained. I think it's wonderful for those who do do it I think great and i'd never say negative about it. Having a unassisted birth is NOT irresponsible imo, the birthing process is NATURAL your body knows what it's suppose to do
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:28 AM   #75
ginafer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebytrudi View Post
the drs didn't believe me that I was in labor because I was acting 'normal'. !
Thats what happened with my first! I went in for my 37 week checkup. I was 4cm dilated and 90% effaced. Doc said, "OK. See you next week!" Actually I am glad they were that ignorant! I wouldn't have wanted to be stuffed up in the hospital for the preceding 19 hours with every tom, d*ck and harry bothering me! I went to the mall and had taco bell and I bought a boppy at the baby store and I visited some friends and we sat around and watched my uterus contract until I got tired and went to bed! Of course I woke up at 3am because my water broke and I was in transition...but just because you aren't screaming doesn't mean you aren't in labor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaStarr View Post
If I had normal, term pregnancies Id consider homebirth/UC but given my history Id never ever think of it (not to mention i doubt any MW would be willing to even take me on).
You know, midwives are known to have preventive care unlike docs who do nothing until something goes wrong. If you truly wanted a homebirth I am sure you could find a midwife who would love the opportunity to help make that happen for you. And chances are they would be more interested in why you have PTL to begin with and preventing it from even happening. As opposed to most medicalized staff who do more of a wait and see approach. Diet and lifestyle and so many other factors that our medical community never take into consideration is what a good midwife could help you with! Interview some midwives and find out their recomendations on back-up doctors who will give your midwife the respect they deserve if you ended up in a hospital situation!
Joshua 24:15
Ginafer: wife to 1 wonderful husband and mother of 5 gorgeous boys!

Last edited by ginafer; 09-25-2007 at 01:51 AM.
ginafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #76
ginafer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebytrudi View Post
when I got out of the hosp, we sat down together & figured out I needed to increase my protein amount to 100g a day and to deal with a bacterial vaginosis infection.
Dehydration is also a PTL culprit. Most women do not get enough water! But I wanted to say I have had recurring vaginal infections with this pregnancy! But then I discovered coconut oil can cure it! Cook with it, eat it, add it to smoothies. Virgin coconut oil is anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti protozoal. Use it as a lube! Works great and smells good! The MCFAs (Medium Chain Fatty Acids) in the coconut are also the prime ingredient in breast milk that ward off sickness, so eat up! This is a great article on food that has good info on the Coconut!
http://rubies.articledirectoree.com/...he-best-2.html
Joshua 24:15
Ginafer: wife to 1 wonderful husband and mother of 5 gorgeous boys!

Last edited by ginafer; 09-25-2007 at 02:15 AM.
ginafer is offline   Reply With Quote