Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #21
JosieO
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: the great Diaperswappers "lovey" duplicator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeingamommie View Post
Holy Cow, I hadn't even thought about this, but we LOVE our "Duck-Duck" He is Bright Starts and I just went online to try and find one as a backup and there isn't even a link for him Anyone, if you have a Waddles the Duck Plush Bright Starts lovey that sings "Singing in the Rain", I will SOO buy him off you! Will take a pic in a second and update post...

I have a sneaking suspicion that duck is in my MIL's basement. Did it have a plastic umbrella? If so my DS broke it, but otherwise the duck is in fine shape. If you can't find another "extra" I might be able to get this one for you. Let me know, I'm sure MIL would love to help out!

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #22
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

This is a great idea!

We actually have two of these, just in case, but I am always on the lookout for more!

This baby was purchased at Babies R Us. The brand is "Especially for Baby". I was able to find a brown and yellow one on Ebay, but have yet to find another blue one!

(This picture is a little old)
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #23
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd has a blanket, "gankie" to be exact. We actually started her out with a small pooh one from Walmart, but this one had been laying around and when she discovered it, that's all she wrote. Though I feel like it's prolly more the size that the actual blanket. I think she'd take anything that was silky on one side soft/minkee on the other side and was big enough to wrap around her whole body. We don't leave the house without it, and god forbid if we lost it. I haven't found another blanket anywhere that one whole side is the silky material. So, if anybody has one, or another blanket this size with one side completely that silky material, I'd love to have it. I'll pay you to get one, or pay you for one. This one was at a discount/close out store and there are no more to be had.

That is the little design on it. But, like I said, I don't think its the specific blanket as it is the silky material all over her. She'll stand like little red riding hood with it wrapped around her head and body.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:14 AM   #24
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

False alarm, it looks quite different

Last edited by cowmommy; 09-17-2007 at 12:26 PM.
cowmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #25
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemnms View Post
todzwife, I found these for $10, they say they are a "reasonable facsimile" to the billingsworth duck. If you get stuck, it might be nice to have one on hand.
Thanks I've got it bookmarked I'm thinking about buying him a "new one" for Christmas, but I don't think it would be the same.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 AM   #26
bundeleh
Registered Users
seller

[IMG="http://bp3.blogger.com/_DZISreDo_vM/Ru2L2jkqo0I/AAAAAAAAAh4/m-Ka9L74NZ4/s1600-h/IMG_4957.JPG"] [/IMG]

Nobody has "Baby"?

http://bundelehfsot.blogspot.com/2007/09/baby.htmlhttp://bundelehfsot.blogspot.com/2007/09/baby.html

I'm going to print out this thread and take it with me whenever I go thrifting!

Last edited by bundeleh; 09-17-2007 at 09:29 AM.
bundeleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:35 AM   #27
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is a great idea When I was pregnant with DS my SIL told me, "whatever ends up being the baby's lovey you must try to find at least one more." Her son had a duck that she never found a duplicate for and had to repair many times. DS ended up loving a little dog from Ty that my mom had gotten him ("Wiffer"). His first Christmas he got 2 more Wiffers. I rotated them out for a long time, and usually before trading I'd sleep with the one I was going to give to him so it would have my 'scent'. He's 4 now and has all three of them in his room. Sometimes he sleeps with all 3, but usually just one. They are all still in very good condition.

It appears my girls have each attached themselves to the blanket animals they received as gifts. They are both made by a company called Bunnies By The Bay. Here is Lydia's bunny:

and Madelyn's Froggy:

Lydia likes to rub the bunny fur while Madelyn prefers to hold onto the blanket part. I haven't found a store near us that sells them, but there is one where my parent's live so I think these will be on their Birthday or Christmas with lists this year.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #28
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

What a great idea for a thread!!!!!! My older daughter fell in love iwth classic winnie the pooh crib sheets one day and wouldn't give them up for about 2 years!!!!! It was hysterical to watch her carry them around. I think I'm luckier with the second daughter. She fell in love with a fairy blankie that I made for her sister that's really silky and lightweight(and just big enough to cover her in bed) and so I"m on the lookout for more of the same fabric(can't even remember where I bought it from since it was about 5 years ago???). I'll post a pic in a second if I can wrench it from her hands while she's sleeping!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #29
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

DD#1 has 3 baby blankets from Wal-Mart that she loves. I'd take pictures but they're buried under her clean clothes right now.

DD#2's "lovey" would be my boobs.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #30
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 3 boys haven't attached themselves to anything. I do have the froggy Lisadoni, but it has my son's name embroidered on it. Your son's name doesn't happen to be Shepherd?
ivparker is offline   Reply With Quote