Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #81
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: the great Diaperswappers "lovey" duplicator!

james has a green bear with flower petals going around his head and a bee embroidered on the foot... he has only had it since easter but its "the toy" I will post a pic later.

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #82
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD has two lovies. Blue blankie, which was made for her, and kitty. Kitty is a ty beanie, cream color, and was a softer thing. I don't have a pic loaded on the puter. But, here is one of her when she wasn't feeling well, and following me around. She would just curl up and snuggle blue blankie until I changed rooms.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #83
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD#1 (now 4yrs) has 4 Carters beautiful Butterfly bears.

Only picture in photobucket w/teddy is her 2nd birthday

DD#2 has my hair LOL!

DD #1 started to cling to bear around 6months and at that point I started looking for another (and another, and another.....) Teddy #4 was a gift from DD#2. All the teddies have to go everywhere with us, but all but 1 stay in the car.

Incase you didn't know Carters and some other companies actually carry over run of some of their discontinued loveys. If your desperate contact the company

Erica
ericak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:18 PM   #84
mommyto2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I should post a pic of 'lamb" her old one I ended up telling her was sick and she had to put her somewhere...she put her in her sisters top dresser draw (which i later got and it's now in my dresser)
lamb was VERY sick....had "surgery" many times and lost almost all it's stuffing
she complained for awhile and is now attached to a new lamb not the same but close...I need to have my mom pick up another one though, this one is looking kinda dark...we throw it in the wash every-so often b/c it stinks....

my 6 month old loves minky blankets (and paci's)...i'm in the process of getting some fabric to make her some more I WILL have more then ONE this time!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #85
bundeleh
Registered Users
seller

bump for any good garage sale finds over the weekend? I looked but didn't find any of these (and sadly I didn't find the one for my own DD either). maybe next time!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #86
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

I'm so excited! Just found ours on Ebay! AND at a reasonable PRICE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toys-R-Us-Especi...QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, I bought it, you bet I did!
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:33 PM   #87
Ellisa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh! I love this idea!!

Our is a TY Elephant. It was purchased in January 2007, so I imagine he's still around, but I haven't seen him anywhere. I'm not sure of his offical name, but around here, he's "Phant"...as in El-e-phant. (Say it like you're French). LOL

Old 09-30-2007, 11:01 PM   #88
Happy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just got rid of 2 of these! Oh, I wish I would have known. They came from my FIL, I'll ask him where he got them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedwithBlue View Post
AWESOME post idea! I have often wondered what we would do if we lost ds #1 lovey "Gigi" Don't ask me where the name came from I have no clue! He didn't get his first word til 15 months "woof" for the dog and Gigi was his second. Gigi was a bear that dh got for me when for Valentine's Day, I believe in 2002 from Hallmark. The tag says Ty and it's feet and hands have the little pelletthings in them. He HAS to have Gigi to sleep. If anyone has one or knows where to get one, I would love love love to have a spare!
6 Weeks old (Please excuse the sposie, we switched later!)

14 months

2.5 He wanted to carry Gigi like mama carries the baby! Too cute!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:19 PM   #89
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou belle View Post
Can I win the award for "most stockpiled lovey"?

Here they all are, minus one in rotation. Three on the left have been "retired" and two on the right are brand new. She has carried Duck since she was 6 months old, and she is currently 5 years old! I am going to keep them all, and give them to her when she gets married. And, no, she doesn't know about all of them.

I think we might be tied Each of my three kids has eight duplicate loveys. My oldests was kind of a fluke. He loved this blanket we got from a baby shower and I decided to cut it into fourths rather than risk losing the one and only. Then I found a second blanket on Ebay and cut it up as well.

With my second and third babies, I kind of forced the loveys on them For older dd, hers is silk with fleece on the back. They were about $2 at Walmart and I bought eight of them. And then younger dd I bought two blankets with silk on one side and minkee on the other and cut them into fourths again. We just rotated them whenever they needed washing and oddly enough, they still each have their eight loveys.

This next baby will have eight as well
Old 10-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #90
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeingamommie View Post
Holy Cow, I hadn't even thought about this, but we LOVE our "Duck-Duck" He is Bright Starts and I just went online to try and find one as a backup and there isn't even a link for him Anyone, if you have a Waddles the Duck Plush Bright Starts lovey that sings "Singing in the Rain", I will SOO buy him off you! Will take a pic in a second and update post...

ETA, here he is... if you got one, We'll give him a GREAT home!!!
I just saw a couple of these at Toys R Us last week. Let me know if you can't find one and I'll see what I can do.