Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Singer heavy duty school sew and serge machine

I am in the market for a new serger. I have a great sewing machine. Today in the paper there was an add for a one day sale on nip Singer heavy duty school sew and serge machines for $199 at Big Lots on Wed. The add says that it can also do embroidery and a professional serge with an optional cutter. What do you ladies think? Have you heard of this machine before or used one? Is it a good deal or just too good to be true?

ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Singer heavy duty school sew and serge machine

Hmmmmmm, this is interesting. I wish I had one closer to check it out. Maybe Thurs when I go to LLL meeting... thanks for the tip off, I'll have to check this out!
Carrie: Mom of 3 gorgeous girls; Hazel 01/04, Annalisse 02/07, and baby Roxy 07/12...
Newly married to my NZ Captain of Awesomeness, proud member of UUA, & Magnum owner LOVER

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Singer heavy duty school sew and serge machine

Singer is not what it used to be. The Singer machines from way back when that run great are made from a totaly different place that makes them today. And the current Singer machines are just not good. I looked that particular model up and found lots of one day sales coming up around the country (a lot of stores certainly over bought huh? lol) and only found a couple other forums where the same question was asked and the general consensus was to run the other way. lol I know that everyone has their favorite machine and they all have their little quirks but I have a Simplicity Frontier serger and LOVE it. It's my little workhorse and has handled everything I've thrown at it (not literally of course lol) easy peasy. If I remember correctly I paid 260ish for it last year on AMazon. It was recommended to me by several wahms. hth mama. I just don't want you to get a bum machine.
Melanie ~ mommy to Eleanor 3/17/04 and Lucy 3/17/06 and loving wife to Richie
swellmel is offline   Reply With Quote