Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sick of the "big Belly" comments!!

Im getting so annoyed with random strangers commenting on how i look like im about to "pop with that baby boy"!!! First of its a girl! and second im not due for another 3 months!!! When i tell them that, or they ask how far along i am, they just go on and on about how big shes gonna be I know im fat, leave me alone!

And why does everyone think they can touch my belly

Ok, rant over

Advertisement

nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 AM   #2
luv2recycle
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Sick of the "big Belly" comments!!

luv2recycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

The one I got the other day from my BIL was "Your Huge" geez thats something to tell a pregnant woman. Like we dont know were big??!!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
Tahaacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww I heard that when I was preggo with my DD. I remember going into wallgreens and this lady says to me, your a having a boy right? I'm like no its a girl with a smile on my face. Then she says well Your that big and it is a girl, you sure it ain't a boy That ruined my day.

Some people just don't know how to be polite. Its like yes I do have a mirror, yes I can tell that I am not the skinniest preggo person you've ever seen, and no just because I am pregnant it does not mean you can touch me!
Tahaacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when i was preggo with ds i thought about getting a shirt that said "hands off!" and had a pic of a hand with a cirlce and line through it. i guess there's just some kind of draw that a pregnant belly has... sorry mama!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

I had that happen. Keep in mind I"m not the most. . . . . tactful. . . person in the world. Some lady walked up to me while I was pregnant with my second daughter(whom I had TONS of trouble gaining weight with and ended the pregnancy preterm and 20lbs lighter) in wal-mart while I was grocery shopping with my husband and my THEN 4 year old. She put her hand on my belly and said, "wow, you are huge! when are you due???? that baby is going to be enormous!" So in all my tactful glory I stuck my hand on her belly(she was a bit on the overweight side, not just chubby or bigger) and said, "you too mama! when's this little guy due????" She was most obviously NOT pregnant. She got flame red, took her hand back, and walked away. But hey, hands off! You wouldn't walk up to someone with a beer gut and say, "hey buddy, you are getting huge!" So why would you walk up to a pregnant woman who's hormones are crazy and do it? She's already probably self-conscious about being big and her hormones are swinging left to right and she really doesn't need your opinion on her baby's size, weight, gender, etc. Stupid people!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i get that all the time people always looked at me all shocked when i told them i wasnt due until october im glad that october is now only next month i dont get as big of a shock. One lady asked me what color my nipples were to try and determine what i was having i was like oooooookay
Old 09-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #8
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HUGS momma!!! That can get terribly annoying, I got that ALOT with DD For some reason, people think telling you your HUGE when your pg is a compliment!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #9
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_o_curls View Post
i get that all the time people always looked at me all shocked when i told them i wasnt due until october im glad that october is now only next month i dont get as big of a shock. One lady asked me what color my nipples were to try and determine what i was having i was like oooooookay
OMG! What a CREEP!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #10
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_o_curls View Post
ummm ewww...mine are the same color they were with my 3 girls and this one is DEFINITELY a boy...