Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Freecycle Question

Ok i posted something on freecycle, and generally i give to the first that asks... Is that how you do it? After they confirm, then i send the bagillion other people a note that its been taken. Otherwise i go to the next person.

Anyways. I did that. And the 5 th person to respond kinda got snotty with me, giving me a ton of reasons why he needed what i had. But its already gone! What in the heck am i supposed to say??

Advertisement

nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Freecycle Question

i post things on freecycle and wait til the next morning to get as many replies as i get then read through them all and choose who i feel needs the item the most and also depending on how soon i need the item(s) gone i will see who is willing to come the fastest

as for people being rude, report them to the freecycle mods, thats not acceptable at all
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:28 AM   #3
mmskids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Unless the item is really worth something, I usually put in the "ad", available to the first person to pick up that way no one can complain.

Though I agree, I'd reply to the person and cc the moderator.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:32 AM   #4
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

thats ok i placed a ad for a rug and a lady got back to me and said for $20 i can have it but not for free.

Gee thanks.

ETA: i placed a ad for area rugs, she got back to me said she had one from her yard sale but she couldnt give it away for free, but for $20 i can have it.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #5
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdof1985 View Post
thats ok i placed a ad for a rug and a lady got back to me and said for $20 i can have it but not for free.

Gee thanks.

ETA: i placed a ad for area rugs, she got back to me said she had one from her yard sale but she couldnt give it away for free, but for $20 i can have it.
There is a reason why they call it FREEcycle. She shouldn't even respond if she wants money for it. I wonder if you should report people like that too? I'm not sure about the rules for wanted ads.

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #6
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

yeah im not sure about reporting her.

i think im going to respond back to her and say im glad she offered but i cant buy and thats why i put an ad on freecycle.

i swear some people have marbles for brains...
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #7
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
Tiredmama
Registered Users
seller

I would report the woman who wanted money. Freecycle means that they have to give it to you for free. I usually wait a few hours to respond because sometimes you get weird responses from people who will just take anything and try to sell it. I would rather give it to a person who needs or could use the item that I have. I also had people ask for things and set up a time to pick things up and never show up. This was so frustrating to me.

Malissa
Tiredmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
AlexandZoesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I generally choose the person who can pick up first. We live in a rural area and I have been frustrated lately by people who want things I have to offer but can;t be bothered to pick up. they want me to drop off - or, recently for something small, mail without reimbursing my mailing expense.

BTW - I believe you can report the woman who offered to sell you the rug - violates my groups user agreement at least.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #10
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry he got snotty with you...that is horrible! People are so selfish!

I just joined Freecycle myself and I have received a few things we really needed. The people have been so nice. I just gave away my first item today and she was nice too.

I was surprised when I read the rules and stuff that they don't say you have to give to the first person. You CAN pick and choose. THat is your right!

I don't think you have to personally reply to everyone who e-mails you, you can just post the item taken and let them read for themselves.

Hope you have better experiences in the future!