Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Looking for Must Read book recommendations!

Hi mamas!

Hope you are all doing well! I am looking for some books on natural pregnancy and specifically would love to know of some great Christian pregnancy books. I have been through this four times so far, so it's not new to me, but I want to learn more about pain management and just generally about healthy pregnancy. I want to read about natural remedies during pregnancy and such. Can you share some titles your midwives have recommended? Or just some titles you have really benefited from? Thanks so much!

Also, if you have any natural health books to recommend for the whole family, or just children's health, I'd love to check them out too. : )

Oh, and I just had to share... I got my first real "kick" on Sat, 16 weeks on the dot. It was so cute. Just one little tiny foot kicking mama to let me know he/she's ok. I had felt really early movement, swishings, but then nothing much at all for weeks! It was kinda discouraging. So it was so sweet of the LO to kick mama!

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Looking for Must Read book recommendations!

My most loved pregnancy book doesn't really fit what you are looking for but I have to mention it in case you haven't seen it

A Child is Born

I really LOVE the ultrasound pictures in COLOR of every stage of pregnancy.. I don't agree w/ everything in the book but loved looking at the pictures that matched how far along I was and even my husband and the kids loved to see the pictures

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
mamoo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would recommend that any expectant mama should read "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth". It is not specifically a christian book. I read it about 4 times during my last pregnancy and am very convinced it helped me with pain management a great deal! I gave it to my sister to read with her 3rd pregnancy and she totally seconded my opinion. The other thing that I believe helped a great deal with pain management was listening to a "rainbow relaxation" cd every night.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
jennsmile
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dr Sears collection, Take Charge of your Child's health by Wootan.

Jenn
jennsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoo3 View Post
I would recommend that any expectant mama should read "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth". It is not specifically a christian book. I read it about 4 times during my last pregnancy and am very convinced it helped me with pain management a great deal! I gave it to my sister to read with her 3rd pregnancy and she totally seconded my opinion. The other thing that I believe helped a great deal with pain management was listening to a "rainbow relaxation" cd every night.
Someone at my church recommended this one too. I assumed it would be like "spiritual midwifery" which I read part of, but she said it was more informative, and less religious. Thanks! I will definately look into that one. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

happy2bmommy,

I have looked through that one. I need to check that one out so I can show the kids. They marvel at those pictures. Thanks for bringing it back to my mind.

jennsmile, I will look into those. Thank you.

Also, I apologize, I think I may have asked this question here several weeks ago, but I didn't get them written down and so I"m here asking again. Sorry 'bout that!

Last edited by MamaJoyful; 09-17-2007 at 04:01 PM.
MamaJoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #7
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK, I found the other post. I guess I had gotten a few book recommendations, but I so much appreciate the additional ones! Thanks!

Here's the link in case others are looking for pregnancy book recommendations or Christian websites:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=214468
Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #8
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mommy diagnostics by Shonda Parker is a great book on natural health care with little ones. And my herbalist who is a Christian with 9 children is soon gonna have an e-book on her website (a friend of mine is finishing up editing it). The book, I have an undedited version, is excellent with lots of info and herb info and even a little about pregnancy. Prescription for Natural Cures is also another good reference as when you look up an herb it will tell you times when you shouldn't take it and why, so if you have some Throat Coat tea when you have a cold you can look up all the herbs in it and see what they have to say about them. The box says not for pregnancy I found out it was because the licorice root which I read in a pregnancy book should not be taken long term during pregnancy but fine for short spells, you have to do your own detective work sometimes.

Almost all natural remedies will say check with someone before taking this so I check with my books first, if I still have questions I ask my herbalist.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:51 PM   #9
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A couple of great books:
"The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer
"Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way" by Susan McCutcheon
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #10
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you! I ordered "Mommy Diagnostics" and then my library has the other two kezoo mentioned. I appreciate all of these reccomendation! Blessings!