Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

False negatives??

is this common? how often does this happen? if you have had them, can you give me your story? I am wondering if I could be preggo, but the tests keep coming up negative. my sister said all her tests came back negative with her ds, and had to have a blood test.

Advertisement

Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: False negatives??

I usually get false negatives
With samantha i got false neg for 3 weeks. with Gabby i had inconclusive blood tests at 5 weeks pregnant and with emma i didntget a pos urine until i was 8 weeks
so all my girls were false negatives.

With Brock i got a pos 3 days before af was due, and this time, I tested lastnight and i was due for af today both pos
Old 07-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

I was due for AF on sunday. may just be a little late so I will wait until monday or so, but if she isn't here by then I may call for a blood test

very weird.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:40 AM   #4
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i tested negative until i was 8 wks, an internal u/s s the only reason we knew how preggie i was.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I am the quees of false negitives!!

With ds I knew I just had to be but nope, BFN. I waited and retested, again BFN. I waited, went in to see the doc for a urine test and that was negitive. I insisted I get a blood test as I was always right on track. The blood test was positive, I was just starting my second trimester.

With dd#1 I tested and got a BFN, I was irregular then and figured it was true. I went to the docs a few weeks later and got a BFP with their urine test ~ I was about 9 weeks along.

With this one (dd#2) I tested and got a BFN retested 3 days later and another BFN. I knew I was pregnant. I went to the docs ~ BFN, insisted on a blood test ~ inconclusive. Waited 2 weeks ~ got a BFN (home test), gave up. I had an ear infection went to the docs ~ BFN (but I did have the ear infection) with the urine test. The ear infection didn't go away. Switched doctors, they insisted on a urine test (this was 2 weeks after the last one) and got a BFP. I told them my period was in October (this was February so I got an ultrasound 2 days later. I was 11 weeks preggo (according to ultrasound).

My body hates tests!! I have learned to always take Folic Acid and Prenatals.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first DS I never got a positive test. But I KNEW I was pg and when I MC it was very very obvious. With second DS I got a BFP like, a week before AF was due. So I think my first negatives may have been that there wasn't enough HGC in my system, and maybe that's what I lost him?
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #7
lararum
Banned

With Eleanor, I think I got 3 negatives. I may have been testing too early.
I also drink tons of water, so I really think my urine was never concentrated enough. I had to go like 12 hours without drinking anything, and finally got a positive, maybe at 5 weeks.
lararum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:40 PM   #8
carleyc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a false negatice BLOOD test with this pregnancy. I was having a lot of issues and seeing my dr monthly. At my appt AF was over a week late, and I asked him for a blood test. It came back negative. I got so upset because I was just sure this was it. A few days later AF still hadn't showed so I took a home test and got a positive. 3 tests later I went back for another blood test and it was positive. The first blood test was on CD 25, and my cycles were usually 14 days, so I'm sure it was late enough for a blood test to be accurate.
carleyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:50 AM   #9
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Thank you for all of your stories!! I am still holding out hope as AF is still not here.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

WHAT! TERRI!? OMG!

I never had a false negative, I've always just tested too early. Buy a walmart brand Equate, or the 1st response early test.