Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2006, 01:38 PM   #21
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: How did you learn of cloth?

with my 7yo there was a service so we did that and then after a few months i found www.amitymama.com and had a WAHM make me some dipes from my fabric. i slowly expanded my dipe stash and got rid of the service and started buying more dipes!

when my six month old was born DH wanted nothing to do with cloth and i was sorta ok with it. i go to a bfing moms group on tuesdays and a mom there was using FBs. i got to thinking more and more about cloth and asked the mama what they were and were she got them at. so in feb with my tax check i bought 12fbs from www.puddlesplace.com-shes local to me and some little lambs off ebay. i kept checking amitymama bc that place 7.5yrs was a lot like DS.....well long story short i found DS and now im now a CERTIFIED diaper junkie

Advertisement

mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:44 PM   #22
newmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had briefly thought about cloth when DS was born, but I had to go back to work when he was 10 weeks old so we went with sposies. Then, I quit to be part-time for next school year (I'm a teacher) and a light went on that I could switch to cloth now. I was referred to this board by some women on a TTC/Pregnancy/Parenting board, and we have been using cloth for about 4 weeks now.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:59 PM   #23
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

i wish i could remember! i can't say exactly how i learned about it. i'm very internet savvy so i don't remember if i just happened upon cool cloth sites, or maybe i heard about it on the baby/parenting boards of thenest.com ? i had decided to use cloth since before i was pregnant, so my baby's bum has been in cloth since birth

i SO wish i could remember, i think it would be like one of those cool moments, like being able to recall a first date with your husband!

and since i've being using cloth, two of my friends have started CDing their babies, and i have three friends who say they wouldn't think of using sposies after seeing jack's cute cloth diapers! however, when my brother tried to talk my SIL into using cloth after seeing our dipes, she said, "that's so disgusting, it's not even an option, never bring it up again"
their baby will be here soon, maybe she will see the joys of cloth someday! would it be bad of me just to buy her some reeeeaalllly cute ones?
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:02 PM   #24
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never ever thought anything about CDing until I saw an article in a baby mag. while pg. The dipes were so colorful and cute! (Of course that fact helped get my interest) I told dh I thought I wanted to try it, p/t at least and he's pretty easygoing on most stuff so he didn't care one way or the other. I never knew there were cding boards like this until we'd already built our original stash. I think I would have chosen way different stuff, had I been able to ask questions before buying. Its great to have this as my um, er.. hobby!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:25 PM   #25
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a fun thread. Gettting to know you all!

My sister used cloth with all three of her children, but that was years ago and she had a service. I had no idea the pocket type of diapers even existed when our daughter was in Diapers. I'm on another board from all of our struggles with infertility (INCIID). Several Mom's there talked about cloth diapering. When William kept getting a rash, I started to search the Internet. From there it just took off. Several of my INCIID friends told me what they used and then I bought a few to test. One week later I was hooked and tweeking what worked for us. I'm really enjoying diapering this time, it's become a fun thing rather than chore.

This will be fun to watch!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #26
Heidiliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My brother and I were cloth diapered, so when I was pg with baby#1, my mom went and got me 5 dozen gerber prefolds and several packages of gerber "plastic" pants. I used those on dd until she was potty trained. By then, baby #2 had come along, and I was still using the same prefolds and covers that my mom had bought me. Around this time, we got our first computer and I found amitysworld. This opened my eyes to the wonderful world of "modern" cding. I ordered a few snug-to-fits, cotton kids, and fuzzi bunz (remember the all fleece ones?). My mom then found a local diaper service that sold proraps, so she bought me 6 in each size (I still have them and use them, 2 more kids later). Since then, I've totally become an addict and have spent way more hours than I care to know looking at cd sites and buying way too many things. But, I'm allowed a hobby, right?

www.d65ppc.com - Pay Per Click Management
Heidiliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:47 PM   #27
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I was actually looking for cloth mama pads when I stumbled on cloth diapers. I always though of pins and flats ~ boy was I wrong.

I was never crunchy so everyone is having a grand time with this one.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:20 PM   #28
RachelFlores
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was doing an internet search for disposable diapers, trying to creat a baby budget while ttc and while there aren't many places that sell disposable diapers online (I'm totally greatful for that), TONS of cloth diaper sites came up. I was facinated. I didn't think anyone still used cloth diapers, I thought it was something of the past and that there were only disposable diapers now. I researched and read as much as I could about cloth diapers. I bought most of my first diapers from ebay and www.thanksmama.com. Dd has been cloth diapered since birth and I LOVE it. I LOVE making them. I LOVE taking about them and showing off dd's stash. I am definently addicted!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:25 PM   #29
Ben'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I saw a thread about CDing on another board I visit, but never really looked much into it. No one I knows uses them, expect for my mom who had CD'd my little brother with the old plastic pants and she thought I was crazy! I mentioned it to DH a few times before the baby was born, but he blew it off reminding me how much work it would be. Last month an onlione friend posted the basics of CDing in her journal w/photos and I was sold! I spent an entire week reading everything I could about CDing and all the options.

I can't imagine spending way more $ on something that is not even fun to shop for, yay for CDers!
Ben'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:00 PM   #30
belladonna
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9800Emily
Well after 6 weeks of buying and trying every kind of sposies made, the doctor said "you know, you could use cloth diapers" Why didn't we think of that sooner. The doc said that her sister used cloth diaper and she would talk to her and find out what kind and where to get them. It was our doc that told us about Fuzzi bunz. I then googled fuzzi bunz and found diaper swappers. After that, I found the cloth , and will never use a sposie again.
Emily's got the coolest story. The doctor told her about fuzzibunz, I'm rolling over here
belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote