Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #31
kittkat398
Registered Users
seller

Re: How did you learn of cloth?

Well my mom CD'd us all with a service so that's what I knew. When I got pg I looked online to find a service but there were none around me. I did however find all the lovely cd websites and decided I could do it myself.

Advertisement

kittkat398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #32
tng_mama
Registered Users

Ontariomama (meg) told me she was using cloth on Nathan, and I pictured my step-mother sloshing flat diapers in the wet pail... Then she came to Nova Scotia and I saw what she was using so it kind of sparked my interest.

I went to visit her in February and tried some of hers on Grace...and found the love! Before I left to come home, I spent over $100 at Fabricland..and she made me about 25(ish) dipes, within a month of being home, I was all cloth...and still am..

I'm just sad that I didn't CD the other two....
Old 07-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #33
rds989
Registered Users
seller

I was looking around online for trainers for ds, and somehow got to the Snap-Ez site, and then clicked on her link for Diaperpin. It was a revelation! Dd had been sick for her first few months, and I was obsessed with making her life as cozy as possible, to make up for the pain she had suffered at first. When I found out that diapers could be made of fleece, I was hooked!!

We've been using cloth since November, and I really love it. My dh is even a convert. (As long as I take care of the poop! ) I'm looking forward to starting dc#3 on cloth right from the beginning!

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #34
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well my mom cloth diapered me but when i was pg with dd i had no interest at all dh and i were very mainstream when dd was born my mom offered to get me a service but again i was not interested but then i was at a LLL meeting and saw a mama with a snappi and a wool cover and i fell in love. I started with a service for about a year and then realized i could wash my own dipes and that is what we have done since
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:26 PM   #35
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Probably 4 years ago, before my first dd was born, someone at a message board I visited mentioned them (does anyone here remember the old women.com?) Anyway it kind of stuck in my mind and I knew I wanted to cloth diaper some day. I didn't actually know anything real about them until we moved out of the city (the apartment there didn't have a washer and dryer and it would have been a HUGE hassle to cd). So when we moved here I finally got to try it out and got addicted
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #36
patty_o_furniture
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my nephew was born DD1 was about 9 months old and he was given some cloth diapers at his shower. I was in awe of how "granola" SIL was! What a weirdo! CLOTH!?!? Why would she want to deal with all that? No way would I ever want to.

Fast forward a little less than a year I find myself buying a whole bunch of fuzzibunz and love the ease of them. (Who knows how I went from yuck to cool within that time!). I ended up getting rid of the fuzzi's and turning my whole stash into bumgenius's and that's now what I use for two kids!

I never would have thought about doing one in cloth and now I've got two in them!
patty_o_furniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:05 AM   #37
chinacatsunflower
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittkat398
Well my mom CD'd us all with a service so that's what I knew. When I got pg I looked online to find a service but there were none around me. I did however find all the lovely cd websites and decided I could do it myself.
This is me too, but with ten years of babysitting/nannying that fostered a true revulsion for crinkly, smelly, ineffective sposies.

I've had fun showing off snappis, wool wraps, WAHM fitteds, and all the other cool newer stuff to my mom.
chinacatsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #38
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's funny how most of us have started out with Fuzzibunz and expanded out from there
Old 07-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #39
Avington77
Registered Users

Is it not crazy how much people care what we put on our children's bottoms!!!! I usually get, "eww, gross" when I tell people about cloth diapering. Like it is so much better to wrap poop up and keep it in the trash for a week than to flush it down the toilet immediately!

I was LATE to cloth. My daughter is 2 1/2 years old and we just switched a few months ago. A friend showed me an advertisement for the "G" diapers. (The ones with flushable inners and re-usable covers.) I thought those were neat, but way expensive. I also have a heavy wetter, so I'm not sure I'd trust a flushable insert on her. She is also has very sensitive skin, and the only diapers I could use on her were pampers cruisers. Even then she would get a lot of rashes.

So, I started looking up cloth diapering on the internet. WOW! All the choices! I was lost for a bit, and overwhelmed. So I spent two months calculating and plotting how I would do this. I decided to order one BG since there was a money back garuntee. I was amazed!! I convienced DH through rigorous testing that this could work! I ordered some more BGs and some fitteds with covers. I'm a knitter, so I've started working on a wool cover. I can't wait to try it out. It turned out huge so, I'm having to resize it! It literally could have diapered three infants side-by-side.

My daughter still would out pee the BG in an hour, but through various experimentation I found an insert combo that works for us. I can now get 2-3 hours out of any of our diapers, but she does have a bit of a bubble bottom! I am hoping that our next child does not start out peeing at the rate that Lorelei does! I wouldn't mind changing her every hour, but I'm sure you can all appreciate the wrestling match that a toddler diaper change can turn into.
Avington77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:27 AM   #40
regripley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have known about them for about 8 months, but sesa70 (Theresa) helped me take the plunge! I owe her big time! Thank you!