Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:
praise the lord!!!! Updated for today (or now at least)

Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo excited! I have been wanting a good living room set as we started out with a futon and moved on to a FREE couch (which is ugly might i add) from a free yardsale and i emailed a LOVELY woman on craigslist and she had a Red couch and loveseat for $25!!!! cant beat that price.. the only thing wrong is that she has cats and so there are some stratches, but im sure i can easily repair them as it didnt look that bad in the pics! So i emailed her and asked if i pay some extra can she deliver and she said YES!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

she wanted to deliver today and im like " hubby doesnt get paid until tomorrow" so i was a bit sad cause i thought "oh no, shell change her mind".. but nope- she was fine with it.

so now i need to get rid of our ugly couch somehow. i dont want to sell it, but then again-- i dont know when DH will get paid as he has to work, then go to court tomorrow and id hate for her to come and then i dont have the money ya know? then i cant even say someone would come 100% and get it tonight/tomorrow.

so anyway-- for $45 im getting a couch and loveseat.

praise god!

Advertisement

Last edited by Birdof1985; 09-21-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #2
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: praise the lord!!!!

Sweet!
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yay!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rejoicing with you! I need to pray for a new couch myself Will you pray for us? I am serious. The one we have has been a blessing, but it was trashed 8 years ago when I first got it from a friend and NOW, well...

You'll have to share pics of your new living room!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:58 AM   #5
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

yeah the one we have was free in a church freesale and its certainly seen better days but wouldnt be bad with a good clean up or slipcover.

LOL-- funny for your wedding ya know you get all the normal household items but not the stuff you really need- like a couch

ok so i have decided to put the ugly couch up for sale, my breastpump, and put up another ad for my kids step 2 table and chairs. I asked like $20 for each thing, but im praying now someone will buy something and come get it asap so i can have the money just in case DH doesnt get his pay check before the new couch lady comes.

Last edited by Birdof1985; 09-20-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #6
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

and i just sold my kids tables and chairs--- so i only need $20 more!!!! YAY.

today is a good day :-)

PS-- i have a papasan chair thats my MIL- think shell be mad if i sell it? hehe.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #7
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Re: praise the lord!!!! updates...

that's awesome! YOu must be SO excited!!!!! About 4 years ago I moved out on my own into my own apartment with my 3 year old daughter from my parents' house. We had literally my twin bed that I got as a 3 year old(I was then 22), her toddler bed, her toys, our clothing, and some towels and dishes I took from my parents. NOTHING ELSE! My dad had been a mailman for 18 years by that point and 3 weeks after I moved into this apartment, one of the people he delivered to heard we were eating and sitting on the floor constantly. She owned a storage facility and one of the renters had left her entire unit FULL and moved across country and not paid for the space for 3 months. So the woman had to get a dumpster to get rid of the stuff but it would have cost her $400 to get one. So she told my dad that she would open it for him that weekend and he should come and take everything he wanted for my daughter and I for our apartment. He got a black leather couch, matching chair, coffee table, kitchen table and chairs, pots and pans, and a few other random odds and ends! It was awesome! And 4 years later, we are STILL using this stuff. The coffee table now has crayon and marker all over it that I can't get off, the couch has been barfed on more times than I can count(and has been moved 6 times in 3 years so it's a little beat up!), and the kitchen table creaks whenever you use it, but it's still all working well. The only thing I paid for was a small u-haul to get the stuff the 25 miles from the storage unit to my house and over 2 big bridges.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #8
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

woohoo! That's awesome!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #9
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

yeah most of our furniture is used from family. Like i said, LOL. itd be nice if for your wedding someone was like "here have a living room set"

people throw away all kinds of good things, and im more than happy to pick em up but i never seem to have a van or a truck to haul it.

Last edited by Birdof1985; 09-20-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #10
littlemsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sounds like an awesome deal!! You will have to post pics of your new set once you get it all "set up"