Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
Paulette
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you think your mailman thinks?

My mail lady HATES us! She has come to our door saying we have a whole bunch of mail in our box (6 pieces) and wondering if we were on vacation.

Advertisement

Paulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about my mail lady (although I do know she'd rather cram 3 fluffy packages into my tiny box rather than get out and leave them on the porch), but I know what the lady who works at the post office thinks. After I'd mailed a package two consecutive days to Canada (2 different DS mommas) and filled out customs forms with the description of "diapers", she was like, "Do you just send one a day??" and looked at me really funny. I said, "Well, they're cloth diapers. These are some my son has outgrown and I sold them to someone else." Then she started reminiscing about cloth and how she didn't know anyone used them anymore. So when she sees me coming with a fluffy envelope, she pretty much knows what's inside and always gives me a big smile.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #13
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

LOL! I've never really thought about it. Mine is all usually crammed into my little box. I don't think she likes to have to come to the door!

What cracks me up, is when I go to the PO to deliver a diaper. They always ask you "Is there anything perishable, hazordous...blah, blah..." I always want to laugh, because I think, "Well, it's a clean diaper, but if it weren't, would I have to declare it hazordous?"

My 3 1/2 year old son, however, thinks that all packages are diapers, and that the only reason you go to the PO is to send diapers. Fine by me!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #14
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

between diapers, babylegs, and gymboree and baby gap packages, I'm sure she thinks we're loaded lol
trashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #15
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always try to beat my mailman to the door so my yappie Maltese won't bark. I think he thinks I'm excited to see him...(I am, but am being as nonchalante as possible.)

When I returned from a 10-day vacation recently, (I had my mail held at the PO until that day) I came home to one of those big plastic USPS crate full of stuff. When I returned it, he joked that he should just leave it there, which I thought was a great idea since he broke my mailbox trying to stuff it once and now it hangs lopsided by one little nail

Today I got a pkg. and yelled 'YAY! I thought this was lost!' and ripped it open while he was standing there--but turned out to NOT be the missing pkg. I went thru 3 diff. emotions in the time it took him to give me the rest of my mail. Now I'm SURE he thinks I'm nuts!
Old 07-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #16
meritodd1221
Registered Users

My Mood:

My mailman is super nice. He's always talking to the kids (they are little, so he tries to get them to smile at him), and since I tend to ship my share of packages, too, we joke about how its GOOD when I'm getting orders to ship out -- balances the ones coming in. He'll also joke around if its been a while since I received a package. He's really nice. And he has to come to my door anyway, since we have a mailbox attached to the front of our house.
meritodd1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #17
belladonna
Registered Users

My mailman's funny. I get a lot more wool than diapers or fabric these days, they all come addressed to Belladonna Designs or Michelle (my middle name actually). He says he's got packages for my "online alter ego" LOL.
belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #18
shandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just met my mailman for the first time the other day, and I said to him that "You must hate me with all the packages I've been getting"
He just laughed and said that I do seem to get quite alot!

We had to get a bigger mailbox on a post, so all the fluff could fit Our other smaller mailbox just wasn't cutting it!
And if there are too many to fit in the box, he's really nice and leaves them on the doorstep where no one can see them
Old 07-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #19
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

I always seem to miss my mail, so I have to pick it up at the PO. They all know me! It's too funny! In fact one of my mail carriers will come back later to see if I'm here if I got a lot of fluff that day!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #20
mamalotus
Registered Users

We just have a PO BOX and let me tell you, the "old (male) coots" that work at the local PO HATE ME! They see me coming and !
They knew me by name within two weeks of us having our box

But, there's one woman there that is just a true GEM...
One day I walked in and had to ship a pair of shoes to Hawaii! (Luckily they were Crocs, so they're light!) So she helped me find the right flat rate envelope.

The next day I walked in with a preprinted Paypal shipping sticker, and I was a *teeny bit over the weight limit...she let it slide, "because I can"

The day after that...she wasn't at the window... crap...then miraculously she appeared!
She says "so what is it and where's it going?" When I told her:
FINLAND, AND IT'S CLOTH DIAPERS
I think right then and there she found a soft spot in her heart for me! Or else she thinks I'm a complete

She's on vacation right now though, so all of my shipping is on a moratorium until she returns
But, that's not stopping it from coming!
SAM
mamalotus is offline   Reply With Quote