Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #31
Mom2Jack+Quinn
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What do you think your mailman thinks?

I think my mailman lies somewhere between humored and disgusted with me. I tried being nice.

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #32
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL. mine takes the trip around the neighborhood, drops off letters and junk mail in our box, then goes over to the truck and drives it up to our house before he leaves to go home to drop off all the fluffy mail.... lol. it's a good thing he saw me pregnant and at least SOME of the packages say something about diapers (Montana Diaper store or Nicki's Diapers) or babies (like Granola Babies), otherwise it might be kind of odd for two adults to be buyiing stuff like that. He had 6 kids, so I know he's pretty into kids.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #33
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

shoot.. double post!!!! arrgghh
Old 07-19-2006, 03:07 PM   #34
mama23boys
Banned
seller

hmmm ok maybe my packages are missing bc he dosent like delivering big packages one time he drove up our drive to and honked to deliver my PFs from a co-op!

now my smaller packages have made it safe and sound so go figure!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #35
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Depends on the mailman-- Our normal guy is nice. He'll place things under a chair in a milk crate if we're not home. With the bulk of my diapers arriving over the last two weeks he said he was curious but figured it out when he came up with four packages while I was putting diapers outside on the line to dry.

There are two subs who are crabby about anything-- we get three magazines or catalogs at a time you'd think we were having him carry 50 lb boxes. Grumbles about "Can't you have them shipped UPS?"
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:07 AM   #36
kellypillar
Registered Users

Our guy didn't mind at first, but now that I'm addicted he seems rather disgruntled every time he has to get out of the truck. He always has headphones on, though, so he never says anything or responds when I thank him with a big smile.

Sometimes you'd think they weren't getting paid to deliver the packages!

-KellyM-
DD/DD 2.5yo, DS 6mo
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #37
motherhubbard9
Registered Users
seller

Howard, our usual guy, and Angle, our 2 - 3 times a week gal, and I are on a first names basis and they are always nice to the kids - they help bring out the packages when he drives up - he honks and they all yell "mailman" and run like mad to be the first to grab the shipping bin.

It's amazing as we live down a 400 ft driveway in the woods, so they have to go quite a ways out of the way to pick up my packages. But I did find out they get a little extra for each package they pick up from me, so I think that helps them too!

We ship out 3 times a week, but on the days we don't ship out, they usualy have something that doesn't fit in our box.

They all beg for rubber bands and he usually lets them have the one our mail is in - even Dayton comes running and begs to carry something into the house and they usually hand him any small packages to carry to me!

I think mail time is a highlight of the day to some of my kids!

DW to Daryl since 1985 - Mom to 12 blessings
Founder of SNAP-EZ Inc
My Blogs: 12Blessings, Esther's Story, my adoption blog, A Seventh Sister
motherhubbard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:40 PM   #38
svm8
Registered Users

Our mail lady is great! when we first started getting CDs in the mail when DD was tiny, she thought it was great that people still use cloth! Between diapers and my many orders from Shutterfly (gotta have tons of pictures!) we get lots of packages, but she never complains and is always glad to see the kids when she brings a package.
Sarah
svm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:47 AM   #39
PolkaDots
Registered Users

I love this thread!

I am not sure what he thinks: what would you think of a WAHM that is still in PJ's most days at 11:30 a.m. who sends packages far and wide including Internationally. He is great! He has even offered to come back and pick up packages when he has caught me too early.

The post office guys are mostly great too. Many give the girls stickers and one likes to give the candy. They look forward to seeing him. The one guy their is an eeyore. He has told me all about the dangers of selling internationally and has warned me that it isn't safe with Credit Card fraud and a list of another 10 items. I calmly assure him that not many people interested in cloth diapering their babies are the criminal type. I have always responded in cheery, kindness and he is coming along.

Of course everybody knows they are mailing modern, innovative cloth diapers designed by women!!!! I tell everybody that--even if they are in line next to me.

Anyways, I have loved reading this thread and sharing.
PolkaDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:55 AM   #40
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mailman is a grump so he probably doesn't like it...especially because I told him MONTHS ago that this would slow down. It's actually picked up . I've tried so many dipes and sold them that he probably thinks I'm nuts. He's never asked though.