Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #11
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any Semi-Crunchy moms?

I'm probably just a little more than semi-crunchy. Our boys are all circ'd, but if we have another, it's kind of undecided. We do co-sleep (but I have my limits ), I do babywear, extended breastfeeding (though the longest I've gone so far is with my dd and she's now 20mo), we don't vax (but we used to), we're homeschooling (not sure if that's on the 'crunchy' list but there's a lot on there I don't always expect ), I had three unmedicated hospital births and am planning my second home birth, and we hit up a drive through at least once a week.

Advertisement

ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #12
bellamama
Registered Users
seller

I hate the term crunch but yeah I guess it fits me
Old 09-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

My oldest is vaxed too. I plan to homeschool the younger children. Jake is not interested in homeschooling. He is in gifted classes so, untill they stop teachinghis mind he is all good...LOL!!

Crunchy I not my fav term - but people know what it means
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #14
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

see my siggy line

am i crunchy? no. Am i traditional? no. Im just a normal 22yr old married mom who lives outside the normal 22yr olds box.

we CD, co-sleep, do not vax anymore, BF or pump, use cloth as much as possible, plan to homeschool, we circ, we dont eat natural, and i SAH

but what does 1 person define as crunchy ya know? i mean everyone is different. So im crispy i like to think. Crispy like a pizza crust-- sometimes soft, sometimes crunchy- matters how you cook it, but NEVER burned. To me burning means youve fallen into what everyone else wants you to be and for me, i just cant do that- i have to find my own way.

Last edited by Birdof1985; 09-20-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #15
averysmom
Registered Users

I'm getting more crunchy by the day. I've had 2 medicated births (1 c-section) however, not by choice. I am planning a HBAC for my next baby. We do circ, my dh made that choice. Of course, we cd, and wear the occasional sposie. My ds was not cloth diapered. We started when my dd was about 18mo. I do look forward to cding a newborn. I'm all about all natural home remedies if possible. I do like the occasional cookie and ice cream cone. We've never co-slept, both my kids are vaxed, but not anymore they will both be delayed from now on. The more I learn the more I want things to be as natural as possible.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #16
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I dont like the word crunchy mom either!
I WANTED an unmedicated/natural birth with ds but ended up with emergency c-sec.because he was stuck in birth canal-diagnosed with cytopelvic disp.Glad we both made this traumatic birth!We cir,him because dh was so for this-I still didn't want to.I only bf him 3months due to being young with no support and not knowing better.We did use vac.s and sposies-same reason as previosly stated!
Well fast forward 11 years when I gave birth to his much anticipated sister-no v-bac due to breech baby,breastfed right away in recovery room,roomed in,breastfed 12months until we wanted to concieve again(I take ovulatory RX'S-didn't want in my milk),cd her when she was 6months(to clear rashes she could not shake!!),continued cds till she potty learned at 25months old(even at night!),did vax.,co slept once she couldn't fit in the bedside sleeper/bassinet and was bigger for us to not be afraid too@5-6month mark,joined LLL when 7months pg.,delayed solids till 7-8months,and started reading and practicing ap approach.Oh baby wore her till my back couldn't support her 32 pound 24month old size!Yeah we grow em big(dh is to blame-he is over 6 '!)
Well I am still learning as i grow as a mama and found wonderful friends in my local la leche groiup!
My next baby i plan to research wich vac.are really needed,will bf until 2-3yrs.if mutualy desired,will cd from birth(am already building my stash!),wiil dust off the ring sling to baby wear,will offer table foods when baby has lots of teeth(10-12months),and def.co-sleep but after 6month mark!
Unfrtunatly dh wants our sons to be cir. and c sec.births are necessary.
Wish I COULD HAVE A MID-WIFE-I'm considered high risk since i'm 38yrs.and diabetic!
Our diet is normal-we do try to eat lots of salads,fruits and veggies and severly limit red meat!I love vegetarian meals-but stopped when dh did'nt eat this way and cooking 2 seperate meals was too much!!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #17
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I'm all about organic foods, cding, baby wearing, natural cleaning products, NON CIO, etc. but I LOVE Taco Bell, vaccinate, give my baby a bottle of formula 3-4 times a week, and eat meat.

I'm the ultimate middle-of-the-road-er.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #18
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Oh - and I will ALWAYS choose an epidural and narcotics over natural child-birth. I'm not getting any awards for giving birth naturally.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:52 PM   #19
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just wondering this the other day, I guess I am not alone, I wondered how I could be AP and CIO in the same mama, but I am It feels good to hear others stay the same.
I think most people would call me very crunchy if I told them what I did, CD, mama pads, and family cloth among other things, but I really don't adverstise those private things, the CD I do but not the others, and like the funny PP sid I don't wear flowy skirts and have long hair. So just by ooking at me no one would call me crunchy, probably more of a nature lover. (;

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #20
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

And I do not like the Greatful Dead.