Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy are these normal symtoms after 3hr glucose?

I went in for my 3 hour test today, because i failed the first. This time they gave me something much stronger. Within 10 mins i felt lightheaded and naseous. After about 45 mins, i told them, and they layed me down in an empty room. I was determined to finish the darned test, so i held it in, laying very still.
They tested over the three hours and i went home. As soon as i pull up, i lost it! I went in and tried eating, because i was fasting. Lost it again! Been very lightheaded and dizzy, not keeping anything down, and having bouts of runny poo (TMI sorry!)

Is this NORMAL? Or am i having a reaction of somesort. I never had to do the 3 hour test before.

Advertisement

nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: are these normal symtoms after 3hr glucose?

I haven't had the 3 hour but I've had the one hour and it is a nasty drink.
I think it is just tons of sugar- I'm not sure why/how that would cause a reaction?
Maybe the dye in it?
I hope you feel better soon.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
cwieberdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's normal if you are HYPOglycemic. That crap can make you sick as a dog. NOT the best way to find out how a pregnant mama is processing her food.
cwieberdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
rwooley
Banned
seller

My Mood:

That happened with me too, I think it was from all the sugar! Mine was neative BTW! Good Luck mama. Try some toast!
rwooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

I had Gestational Diabetes for almost every pregnancy and they stopped making me do those tests because I felt the same way.
They decided to have me test my blood sugar 4 times a day for a week or two. It was much easier on me.

That drink is nasty and I think even if pregnant mamas weren't sick with morning sickness that they still would feel like you did. I don't know if it is a sign of anything as that drink is really, really sweet! I wouldn't automatically think you have it though.

So sorry you had such a rough time mama!!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 PM   #6
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I felt the same way with my last pregnancy during the three hour test. I threw up the first time we tried to do the test, so I had to start over a couple days later. I was very faint the whole time.

This time, yesterday, wasn't as bad. I definitely didn't feel well and had to stay very still or else I was afraid I'd throw up too. By the time I got home, I almost felt too sick to eat.

Whoever came up with these awful tests is just mean! I'd much rather check my blood sugar a couple times a day like one of the previous posters said.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:53 AM   #7
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Just wondering what your test results were?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
xDanielax
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: are these normal symtoms after 3hr glucose?

Yes its normal. If you read on the bottle those are the symptoms some woman get. Dont worry yout not the only one. I too fell lightheaded and nautious..that stuff is gross! They said as long as I wasnt puking uncontrollably Id be fine and its normal. It also made me very jittery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacke View Post
I went in for my 3 hour test today, because i failed the first. This time they gave me something much stronger. Within 10 mins i felt lightheaded and naseous. After about 45 mins, i told them, and they layed me down in an empty room. I was determined to finish the darned test, so i held it in, laying very still.
They tested over the three hours and i went home. As soon as i pull up, i lost it! I went in and tried eating, because i was fasting. Lost it again! Been very lightheaded and dizzy, not keeping anything down, and having bouts of runny poo (TMI sorry!)

Is this NORMAL? Or am i having a reaction of somesort. I never had to do the 3 hour test before.
xDanielax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #9
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperingMama View Post
Just wondering what your test results were?
They diagnosed me with GD
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My body doesn't deal well with really concentrated sugar either- I get the runs and the heaves (sometimes even with a sugary sprite!). I'd say you're ok but to eat something mild to help absorb some of that sugar!! I haven't had that test in particular (I passed my first) but I had a friend who nearly passed out and was seeing spots after hers!
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote