Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #11
camillesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: IDEAS OR EXPERIENCES - PLEASE SHARE

After a month with extremely sore nipples and my right boob "on strike" b/c there was an actual fissure (cut) in the nipple, I was ready to call it quits. I couldn't get DS to latch, and I was doing everything "right" according to the nurses and LCs at the hospital. I called a local LC, at my wit's end, and she did a housecall. She determined that DS had tongue-tie. Her frenulum underneath her tongue was forbidding her from getting good suction and compression, hence the nipple pain. I had her frenulum clipped by an ENT at her referral. In conjunction with that, I have had DS see a chiropractor for Cranial-Sacral therapy to help with some neck stiffness and a high palate. All of those things in combination, 3 months later, have really paid off and I am a happily bfing mama. I wish you all the best in your endeavors with #2. If he/she doesn't latch though, check for tongue-tie!!

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 PM   #12
dolly454
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for all the support! I am trying not to be paranoid, but I also want to be prepared. I don't think I tried the cold washcloth, but I will definitely remember it. I will look into the tongue-tied issue also. Now that I think of it I think my husband had to have some excess skin clipped in his mouth, but it was at the top. On a funnier note, I was so frustrated with BF I tried to blame my husband for having such a tiny mouth and passing it on to our son! Man what those hormones won't do!
dolly454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:10 PM   #13
selena61978
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolly454 View Post
On a funnier note, I was so frustrated with BF I tried to blame my husband for having such a tiny mouth and passing it on to our son! Man what those hormones won't do!
Sound completely rational to me. I mean it is his son's tiny mouth that you are having problems with OF CURSE it is Dh fault. I have blamed my DH for way odder things. Like stuff I know I did myself On a serious note blow gently in baby's face it's how I have to wake dd when she falls asleep eating.
selena61978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #14
dolly454
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: IDEAS OR EXPERIENCES - PLEASE SHARE(Updated)

I talked to my husband and he had the skin clipped that is in between his top lip and his teeth. They said it was preventing his teeth from coming in. I looked in my son's mouth and sure enough the skin is attached almost in between the two front teeth. Could this have been the cause of the latch issue? Has anyone had any experience with this?
dolly454 is offline   Reply With Quote