Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #11
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: UGH!...Gma trying to give DS formula AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypatton521 View Post
All I have to say is if she does give him some wait till she gets that exploding poop diaper from giving an exclusively bf baby formula not a fun site!
or the puking- when i was doing home daycare, i had to work with a mom on weaning her 5 month old to formula, cuz mom was preparing to deploy in a couple of months, and MAN! talk about progectile vomiting

Advertisement

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #12
swellmel
Registered Users
seller

Oh that makes me so mad just reading it! I don't have any advice other than to be mean and snarky to her.
swellmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #13
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Ugh. Why do they do this?? My MIL bought Sam some formula--I'm selling it in the FSOT... rediculous.. he's NEVER had formula and he's almost 15 months old.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #14
h&jsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToBe84 View Post
tell her flat out that if she doesnt stop, she wont be alone with your son EVER again.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:11 PM   #15
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

If it was me neither of my DS's would be left alone w/ her period. However, I am very, very *****y about this topic! You told her your wishes and she totaly ignored them, and that is very disrepectful IMO. ALso, the formula would not be good, I have a 2 yr old and the formula that was given to me by the hospital was expired a long time ago. I found them in the bag it was given to me in when deep cleaning. GL with your situation.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #16
lovebeingamommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Poor baby, does she not understand that she will give him a serious tummy ache if she feeds him that when he doesn't get it regularly.

I am with PPs I would tell her that if she can't follow your "rules" she can't watch YOUR kids, kwim?

My Step-Dad doesn't understand why some things on TV are inappropriate, Happy Feet for instance, i think it is on the risque (sp?) side and he always puts it in for my step-sister's kids, she has apparently said nothing about it. I finally told my Mom is SHE didn't do something about it while they were in HER house, they couldn't go there w/o me. Let me tell you, Nandi nipped that in the bud REAL quick!!!

GL mama! Ugh MIL's sometimes, and they wonder why DIL's gave them a bad rap in the first place!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
firstkid4me
Registered Users

That would really piss me off, what's to say she won't just stop at Walmart (or even the dollar store) to pick up a bottle and feed your baby that expired formula? I wouldn't have let her leave the house with my child if she had revealed those were her plans.

Try getting some probiotics for your older child, they nip stomach bugs in the bud.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #18
leannrsd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
That would really piss me off, what's to say she won't just stop at Walmart (or even the dollar store) to pick up a bottle and feed your baby that expired formula? I wouldn't have let her leave the house with my child if she had revealed those were her plans.

Try getting some probiotics for your older child, they nip stomach bugs in the bud.
Thanks for the probotics suggestion. I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. She has never given either of my sons formula (to my knowledge), but she has pushed & suggested before, and dispite the fact that I have told her no in the past, she seems to "forget" time and again. So I let my son go with her because i am hopeful that she will listen. But like I said, if I find anything other than BF poo in that dipe, I would let her have it! About the old formula, she SAID that the one at the farm house was still good based on the date, but knowing her as well as I do, She probably picked up a new can on the way to my house & was just saying that there was still some good stuff out there because she thought I would let it fly. She is really sneaky and strange like that. She will say that "so and so said this" to make it more convincing, even though that person never said such thing and she is disguising her own plans by saying it was someone elses idea. HMMMMM MIL RANT!!!!
Sorry ladies.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Its your kid not hers.. she has no right to feed him formula without your consent.. but that's MIL's for ya. I left DD (9 mo & BF) w/ her Friday night, and then I find out she was giving DD apple juice

But its kinda bugging me that everyone is assuming that a 2 yr old can of formula is expired.. that isnt necessarily true! I FF DS and the powdered stuff has a shelf life of several years.. I have a sample can of Similac Advance in my cupboard thats been there for well over a year and it doesnt expire until Nov '09.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #20
slaferriere@berklee.net
Registered Users

Why is your MIL so darn stubborn??? I feel for you on this, that is so frustrating! I wish she would just trust your judgement. That would irritate me and make me feel like I didn't know how to raise my own child. I think you have a right to stand up for yourself on this one! Just wanted to show some support!!
slaferriere@berklee.net is offline   Reply With Quote