Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #21
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH!...Gma trying to give DS formula AGAIN

I definitely feel for ya. My MIL is always trying to get me to wean DS. He is only 13 1/2 months old. I will not force him to not nurse when I know that he loves it so much, plus it makes me feel good to know that my son still wants to snuggle with me and that I can still give him my milk. My MIL mainly tries to FORCE my DD to potty train. She bought a potty for at her place, and she even made DD sit on the potty when she was on the toilet. Yeah I nipped that in the bud REALLY fast! I mean honestly woman!

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #22
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gross. BF babies don't like formula because BM is so much sweeter! You outta make HER taste it and see how she likes it.

BTW, unopened formula is only good for about a year, definately not two!
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #23
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd be upset with my family if they pushed formula or anything else i don't want my children to have.
As for the 2 yr old can of unopened formula check the expiration date. I have an unopened can I got right before my toddler was born in 2005 it expires May 2008.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #24
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry Re: UGH!...Gma trying to give DS formula AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToBe84 View Post
tell her flat out that if she doesnt stop, she wont be alone with your son EVER again. Thats what i'd do, and my MIL is evil, lol.

ITA. (Although my MIL is too old to be left alone w/ baby/LOs - not to mention other scary things I'm just now finding out about from DH's childhood.)
There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:57 PM   #25
my3sonz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dammit gramma-back off!
my3sonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #26
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This was one of my concerns with ds. She avtually told me that she will just do it anyway. Well, she never babysat him until recently. I've never had to worry about that with dd since she refuses to take a bottle at all! I would just be rude and tell her that she can't watch him then since you can't trust her.
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #27
House of Blue
Registered Users
seller

My MIL dumped a 9 oz bottle of EBM when I was in the next room and filled it with cold cows milk when DS#1 was about 7 or 8 months old... that didn't go over so well with me
House of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #28
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Blue View Post
My MIL dumped a 9 oz bottle of EBM when I was in the next room and filled it with cold cows milk when DS#1 was about 7 or 8 months old... that didn't go over so well with me
how does that even BEGIN to make sense?!!? lol sorry to hijack, but that is just completely assinine IMO.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:31 PM   #29
House of Blue
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToBe84 View Post
how does that even BEGIN to make sense?!!? lol sorry to hijack, but that is just completely assinine IMO.
You seriously need to meet my IL's to understand my IL's It's taken me a lot of years and hard work to build a functional relationship with them. My DH was the 1st of her children to have a child and my MIL had a hard time giving up her mothering position to a new mom. It was really difficult to watch me be the mom GWIM? IF I made a choice contrary to hers it was an insult and she was often irrational when she lashed out to regain some control... That's the best way I can think to verbalize it.

When I first started to nurse my 1st my MIL was completely grossed out. Told me that "Only cows do that". When I supplemented a few times with formula she told me I was wasting her son's hard earned money on formula because she raised 4 kids off of carnation canned milk and they turned out fine. She was convinced my milk wasn't enough for my DS b/c it looked watery. When he was 7 or 8 months old she was pushing me to wien completely b/c he didn't need my milk anymore and he was old enough for cows milk. She dumped my milk and replaced it with cows milk to make a point. The only point she made was that she was an ***. We had a huge argument about boundaries and respect... Anyway... nearly 8 years later we have a good thing going and she respects my choices w/out question.
House of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
firstkid4me
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannrsd View Post
Thanks for the probotics suggestion. I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. She has never given either of my sons formula (to my knowledge), but she has pushed & suggested before, and dispite the fact that I have told her no in the past, she seems to "forget" time and again. So I let my son go with her because i am hopeful that she will listen. But like I said, if I find anything other than BF poo in that dipe, I would let her have it! About the old formula, she SAID that the one at the farm house was still good based on the date, but knowing her as well as I do, She probably picked up a new can on the way to my house & was just saying that there was still some good stuff out there because she thought I would let it fly. She is really sneaky and strange like that. She will say that "so and so said this" to make it more convincing, even though that person never said such thing and she is disguising her own plans by saying it was someone elses idea. HMMMMM MIL RANT!!!!
Sorry ladies.
I wasn't trying to make you feel bad or anything, I just have a very low tolerance for people who try to tell me I'm doing something wrong with the way I'm raising dd or they say they're going to disrespect my wishes. My parents aren't allowed to be alone with dd because my stepfather physically abused me and I don't trust him not to hit her. My extended family has a party the first Saturday after Thanksgiving and Christmas every year and when dd was 10 months old (her first Christmas) we went to the party. I watched her like a hawk and I'm glad I did because one of my aunts was giving my cousin's 6 month old baked beans and beef jerky! This is the same aunt that kept trying to cover me up with my 5 year old cousin's ratty security blanket whenever I was trying to nurse because "that's nasty and no one wants to see that." Ok, so breastmilk is not good for babies but baked beans and beef jerky are?