Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What do you do for exercise?

What have you ladies been doing to keep 'fit' during your pg? So far I've done NOTHING! I'm 17 wks pg and now I'm finally feeling like I want to get my butt up off the couch and get a good workout. I can see the weight in my face and I don't like it! I just know I feel better when I work out, I'm just trying to figure out what I can do and when! I'd love to hear what everyone enjoys doing to get their heartrate up!

Advertisement

ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you do for exercise?

I was jogging, now I am am walking very fast for 30-35 minutes or I do one of two videos....my fav is The Perfect Pregnancy Workout I alternate them so I walk 3 days a week and then do the video 2 days a week and then the next week I do the video 3 days and walk 2 days.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Well I waitress 25 hours a week and it's a FAST 25hours of non-stop fast walking, half running, lifting heavy glass racks, etc. So that's my exercise! But I do try to get out with my girls on the other 3 days a week and power walk while they ride bikes on the bike path near our house. Sometimes 2 year old rides in the mei tai fro a little extra resistance.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been walking my DS to school and back the last couple weeks. Two of the three kids sit in the double jogger, and that's plenty of resistance for me. I've been following the rule of "if you're out of breath, you're probably working too hard", and even just a medium walk with the stroller gets me there. It's not a long distance, but we do two round trips a day. It feels great to get out, even if it's wearing me out a little, LOL.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
sharleen (DCDiapers)
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

chasing and playing with the other three boys lol.

Thats about it these days. I think just shopping with the three of them by myself is a work out for the day. Until I go home and eat a few cookies.

The way our house is set up now, I have to go up and down the stairs so many times it prob adds up to a 30 min work out a day just in stairs.

(or so I like to think)
Old 09-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
Tobinnicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

Im not and boy do I need to! My face is so round and my sides have love handles now, its horrible. Ive found that even when I go shopping, I have BH contractions a lot and a ton of vaginal pressure so I try not to walk a whole ton - but Im only 30 1/2 weeks, and I cant just sit on my duff the whole time!!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yoga - it is relaxing and I could do some of the poses that allow me to sit or lay down if I was feeling especially icky that day.
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
Monzie
Registered Users

I was doing prenatal yoga. Its kept me really limber and I'm constantly surprising people by bending to pick stuff off the floor or paint my toenails or whatever. In fact, I'm still flexible enough to swing my leg over the back of the husband's motorcycle and go for a ride.

Other than that, I just tried to keep up with my normal summer routine. I went swimming and hiking a lot. And I mowed the lawn every five days until my eighth month. Oh, and we sanded and repainted our porch and outside trim and I also painted a bunch of stuff inside the house.

It must've worked because I've only gained 16 pounds so far...and my midwife says it "all baby."

Of course, now that I'm 4 days past my due date, just climbing the stairs with a basket of laundry is exercise enough. But I think I earned a rest.

Last edited by Monzie; 09-24-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #9
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharleen (DCDiapers) View Post
I think just shopping with the three of them by myself is a work out for the day. Until I go home and eat a few cookies.

The way our house is set up now, I have to go up and down the stairs so many times it prob adds up to a 30 min work out a day just in stairs.

(or so I like to think)
I'm totally with you on that!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzie View Post
I was doing prenatal yoga. Its kept me really limber and I'm constantly surprising people by bending to pick stuff off the floor or paint my toenails or whatever. In fact, I'm still flexible enough to swing my leg over the back of the husband's motorcycle and go for a ride.

Other than that, I just tried to keep up with my normal summer routine. I went swimming and hiking a lot. And I mowed the lawn every five days until my eighth month. Oh, and we sanded and repainted our porch and outside trim and I also painted a bunch of stuff inside the house.

It must've worked because I've only gained 16 pounds so far...and my midwife says it "all baby."

Of course, now that I'm 4 days past my due date, just climbing the stairs with a basket of laundry is exercise enough. But I think I earned a rest.
Yes you do have earned a rest! I'm a little jealous of your 16 lbs but it sounds like you have been really active! That's great!