Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Transverse baby? Will he/she turn?

I'm almost 27 weeks and my baby is in a transverse position. The doc. has ordered another ultrasound at 30 weeks. I know it's still early and that the baby still could definintly turn but I"m worried what they will do if the baby doesn't turn. I know obviously you can deliver a sideways baby and that a c section is usually the next option. I've seen on the baby shows where they try to manually turn the baby by pressing on the stomach. I am really oppose to this. I don't want that done at all. Is this what they will normaly try first before deciding on a a c section? Thanks

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
camo_diapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Transverse baby? Will he/she turn?

*lurker*
My friends baby was trans and she did not go head down till about a week before she went into labor, and she had a nice normal vag birth.
I would put off a c-section till I was in labor and the baby was still trans, I would just wait and try to relax.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
Tobinnicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

IMO that is WAY too early to get concerned, I mean you still have a whole trimester for that baby to turn... and at 27 weeks there is more than enough room for your baby to turn multiple times a day!! If you were 36 weeks then ya I would think about it but at this point its not that big a deal. As for the aversion, I personally would go that route before letting my doc cut me open. If they do that(external aversion), its usually when you are in labor or very close because the baby can mis-position after that.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

My 3rd was transverse, my doctor turned him head down in his office twice only to have him flip back later. Then 2 days before my due date (I was scheduled for induction after turning him head down days before) we tried to turn him at the hospital and he would flip to the other side, he wouldn't stay head down long enough to break my water so I ended up with a c-sec.

Turning a transverse baby isn't as bad as turning a breech baby from what I've heard, it didn't hurt me. I think its easier because with a transverse baby nothing is engaged in your pelvis.

GL Mama, its still early, your baby will prolly turn.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Like the PP said, it's far too early to even worry about it. You still have an entire trimester left and that's usually when they settle into a vertex position anyway. My 3rd & 5th DS' were both breech or transverse until the end. My 3rd turned at 38wks (after finding out at 36wks) and my 5th turned at 36wks via ECV (after being non-vertex my entire pregnancy) but flipped back the next day. We gave it another week and he flipped on his own but didn't decend so my dr induced me that day to avoid a c/s later on if he turned again and was too big to turn or I was in labor.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
Roseplummer
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am completely against c-sections but if it comes down to that then I would skip the external turning of baby. I will say babies can turn at any point in time right up to and even past your due date. I would not stress about transverse right now as the baby will most likely turn on his/her own. Definatly don't start planning a c-section yet.

I did have the external version. Actually I had 2 in 1 day. The first dr. got her stuck in the breech position in my pelvis and the second dr. couldn't budge her at all. I wound up with an emergency c-section and she still at the age of 3 has issues with her feet and legs. I was completely bruised for several weeks due to the force they used to try to move her. It was so painful I couldn't even think and I was close to passing out. And she wasn't even breech when the did the version she was transverse the idiot dr. turned her the wrong way.

As proof babies can turn at any time. My girl I'm talking about was head down and engaged labor stalled and I was sent home(was only dilated 2-3) she must have gotten bored or something and turned breech the day after my due date. They scheduled the version for 2 days later we go in and she is then transverse. 3 positions in less than a week at the very end of my pregnancy.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
happybutterflymama
Registered Users
seller

Way, way early. All 3 of mine have liked/ or are currently liking to hang out transverse until the very end...the latest to turn turned at 36 weeks.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's a little early to be worrying, IMO. But if the baby doesn't seem inclined to turn or if you just want to be on the safe side you could find a chiropractor who is certified in the Webster Technique. You can search for one in your area here.
I always make sure I good chiro care, at least while I am pregnant. It can make a world of difference!
Old 09-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #9
statikradio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is why I don't like being forced to see a doctor every freakin' month. i say let nature take it's course....we aren't THAT flawed in our genetic makeup....

** Mom of two **
statikradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #10
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

I'm 33 weeks here, baby hasn't dropped yet, though he's thought about it a few times... he's more the somersault kind.

I read this in another forum:

1.) Use music or pleasing recording. Direct sound to pelvic bone area. Either place radio/player right there or the earphones. Baby might want to graviate toward that sound. I've been directing my cat to rest on top of my womb... I suspect that had a part in turning my baby into breech. Rest in most relaxing position, the one that doesn't involves sitting straight upright (was laying down with cat).

2.) Use hot/cold pack. Baby may want to graviate toward warm spot- so, place "hot" pack on pelvic area and cold pack (can be thawing bag of peas for supper) on top of womb.

3.) Lay on board, something like ironing board, propped up on couch or a chair. Head on floor and hip up higher.

4.) Kneel on floor then put head/chest on floor.
mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote