Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:49 PM   #11
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Transverse baby? Will he/she turn?

My nephew finally turned at 38ish weeks but he turned breech.
Try www.spinningbabies.com, they have a bunch of tips for getting them to turn.

Advertisement

urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #12
mondoowolfe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't care what way the baby is positioned until at least 36 weeks, and really, turning a transverse baby is the easiest one to turn! Don't worry mama! I'm surprised your OB even cares this early! Especially enough to repeat an US at 30 weeks. . . kind of a waste of money IMO.
mondoowolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

My son was transverse through most of 25-34 weeks, I walked up a lot of hills and did a lot of yoga (cat/cow stretches mostly) and in general spent as much time on hands and knees as possible. By 35w he was head down but posterior so I continued with the hills/yoga thing and gave birth to a perfectly positioned kiddo. Good Luck, but like the pps have said -it's too early to be truly concerned
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #14
bubblesteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoowolfe View Post
We don't care what way the baby is positioned until at least 36 weeks, and really, turning a transverse baby is the easiest one to turn! Don't worry mama! I'm surprised your OB even cares this early! Especially enough to repeat an US at 30 weeks. . . kind of a waste of money IMO.
Well I'm not sure if the us is b/c the baby is transverse or b/c I have a "low lying plecenta" whatever the heck that is They seemed a little concerned about the low lying placenta at my 24 week ultrasound.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #15
Gigi079
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Well the placenta can move as pregnancy progesses..as long as it doesn't cover the cervix you are fine...I have never had that problem with the baby being transverse..as soon as mine got big enough they were all down..i have 9lb 23in babies (they were all born before due date) so there is not alot of room in there to move around
Gigi079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #16
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

That is way too early to worry. My first didn't flip head down until 29...and she was the earliest to flip. DD#2 was 32 weeks DD#3 was 35 weeks and DS#1 was 34 weeks...

Give it time...no need to until at LEAST 32 weeks.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #17
luvmykiddoes
COOP HOSTESS
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Don't worry yet. Abigail was completely breech until 37 weeks and then she decided to turn. In fact one week I would go in for US and she would be head down and the next she would be breech all the way up until 37 weeks.

luvmykiddoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #18
Daizy Nee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi,
I found out my baby was breech at 38 weeks. I was also pretty freaked as I really didn't want a c-section. I made an appt for the manual turning which was scheduled at 39 weeks. My baby turned herself the night before the appt. So YES! It is definitely possible for your baby to still turn. I googled turning a breech baby and got all kinds of differnt exercises to try. The things I did were balance an ironing board on the couch and lay inverted for 15 - 20 minutes a night - uncomfortable but worth it if it works. I also put a cold pack on the babys head and warmth and soft music near my pelvis. Also shined a flashlight starting at babys head and moving in a circluar motion down to my pelvis and then massaging in a circular motion the way the baby would move. I don't know which technique worked but something did!
Oh, also swimming is supposed to be a very good way to help the baby turn.

Good luck. I wish you the best. And there is still plenty of time, try not to worry too much.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #19
stephlynnette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Logan had room to turn and turn (I had too much amn. fluid), and turned transverse the day before we were to be induced and wouldn't budge. Different situation (with the fluid), but with us, it was opted that a c-section was the best route.
stephlynnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #20
litlepick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

there are other things you can do!

my DD was transverse and it was killing me! she has her elbows and knees in my kidneys and I couldn't hardly move. I called my midwifethis is what she told me to do.
#1 do pelvic rocks (get on your hands and knees. alternately arch and round your back, which causes you to "buck" your hips. keep doing it "like your having really rough sex" till you feel the baby move)
#2 when the baby moves put your head down and butt up and relax for about 20 min

#3 go to the chiropracter, they can do a non force adjustment to your hips which is more effective getting the baby to rotate than manual manipulation (works 90 percent of the time)

good luck