Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2006, 07:01 AM   #11
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one who des not love

I too got one when they first came out and boy was I disappointed. I used it a few times and after the first poop it was so stained it had to sit in the sun for days to get it out. I was not a fan of that diaper at all and since have become an "un-fan" to all pockets. It's just too much work IMO.

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2006, 07:19 AM   #12
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haven't tried one but wanted too but now after reading this thread I don't know
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:35 AM   #13
kellypillar
Registered Users

You know, they were perfect for us as a first cloth diaper. I was diapering three kids, all different sizes, and the one-size feature made it fabulous. Also, the fact that they are the closest thing to a disposable (in how they go on) was what helped DH with the transition to cloth.

That said, my two DDs are now PLing, and I'm converting DS to hemp fitteds and covers. He has sensitive skin and needs the breathability, plus I've discovered the fun of sewing my own fleece covers and am having a ball!

So I loved them for a season, but am now moving on. They just don't meet our needs anymore!

FWIW, I really liked the flap in the back that covers the pocket opening. That's generally a disliked feature, but I appreciated that it kept the insert in.

-KellyM-
DD/DD 2.5yo, DS 6 mo
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:40 AM   #14
Quiverfillin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't like them either. I think they're sort of ugly, compared to all my other prettier pockets, and the features didn't impress me enough to keep it.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #15
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

I personally love them! I kept debating about whether or not I should buy one to try thinking that because it was a one size dipe it wouldn't work well for my baby. I'm so glad I decided to buy one, I have 10 now I think and I absolutely love them
Old 07-20-2006, 08:13 AM   #16
Termie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblurose
haven't tried one but wanted too but now after reading this thread I don't know
I think it's a lot of what you expect out of the diaper. Mass produced dipes just aren't going to have the attention to detail that a WAHM dipe does. She has the time to pour over each dipe. She has the ability to customize it to her client/customer's desires. A mass produced dipe has to be able to appeal to the widest base or it won't sell well.

I think the hype got so big on these people expected it to be the best dipe ever put out there. For me it's not my die hard fave, but it's a staple for us. I need to CD for economics (but can't to prefolds well on ds b/c of how he pees). So having a one-size dipe that functions GREAT for us is what I expected out of it and it meets those expectations.

If I expected it to be uber cute and have the best fabrics and not have any bumps in the road.... well I'd disappointed... it's not designed to meet every expectation for every person.

So try it! Just use one bG for two weeks and if you aren't in love don't trade or sell it... return it and get your money back!
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #17
movaly1
Registered Users
seller

I agree that they aren't the prettiest dipes, and the white seem to get kinda dingy after a while, but the colors are cute and we've never had a leak with them (pee or poo). I would buy more but I don't need anymore dipes.
movaly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:40 AM   #18
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

I am not in love either. I don't feel that for the $, BG are holding up as well as the other dipes I have purchased. I also so agree with the dingy comment. I have been using three in my rotation for the last month and they just look used while my other dipes still look new. On a positive note they really fit my dd well, and once I figured out how to stuff them right they have been very reliable.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:48 AM   #19
mtietz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it is totally okay to not like a popular diaper because you have to choose what is best for your diapering needs. I personally LOOOOOVE bGs, regardless of how they look. I only use them for out and about so they are under clothes any way. If I want cute around the house, Dace is in a coverless fitted or some darling wool over a pf or flat. Anyway, I have tried and didn't like Rumpsters . . . and in fact, I have yet to find a AIO or AI2 I am just sold on, mostly because of my heavy wetter's ability to soak through. So it all just depends on what your needs are and finding a dipe that fits those needs.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #20
sparkygirl74
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like them. They aren't my favorite, but they serve a purpose. In fact... if anyone wants to trade, I have some fitteds and wool up for grabs

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...059#post158059

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ad.php?t=21393