Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
LBroylesy
Registered Users

My Mood:
bumGenius Help

For those of you that use BG on your older child, do the snaps rub the inside of the thigh?
B (two years old, normally in large FB and weighs about 30 lbs) has been complaining that his thighs hurt. The snaps are facing the inside of his thigh. Do I have the diaper on wrong? Or is this just what happens when used for older children?
I just ordered a dozen from Abby's Lane instead of FB so I could use them with my six month old. Wondering if I should have gone with my gut and ordered the FB.
TIA!

Advertisement

LBroylesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
mtietz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: bumGenius Help

I use bG on my 18 month old and I have noticed the snaps do turn in to her thigh, but don't leave marks. She never seems to notice, but then again, she doesn't talk, so I don't know. She has no problems letting me know when something irritates her, though. I would email Jenn of Cottonbabies and share your situation and see if she has any adjustment ideas for you.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #3
LBroylesy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you Megan. I didn't think to email directly.
LBroylesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I had this problem on my 10-12 month old. He's got big thighs, and they left red circles on the inside. At the time he was about 17 pounds, so not even a heavy guy. He just carries all of his weight in his legs (gets that from his daddy ).

I don't know what you could do to make it better so you can use the one-size for both kids. That sounds really useful to you. Maybe you could put some soft undies on over the Bg on your odler one to cushion the snaps?